Newbie here

Culpepper

Hi, I've been at SW since Feb and lost 2.5 stone so far- still need to lose more so looking forward to reading all the tips and support on here :) I'm 55 and want to lose more to get healthy as I've already had 2 ops n the bones in my neck - since losing the 2.5 I have become more able to run and walk and move around and its great!!

Hi Culpepper,

I am afraid I don't know much about SW but you have done so well to lose 2.5 stone since February! There is a popular SW forum on here which I am sure you have found.

I just wanted to let you know that I was 55 last May and on the 1st of May I decided I had had enough of playing at losing weight, I managed to lose 1stone in May and felt terrific. We have always eaten healthy foods but I managed to convince my other half that I did not need to eat as much as him and served up my own meals. I eat very slowly now, chewing everything so much more than before and I have managed to retrain my mind that I can leave food on my plate when I am full!

I also did short HIIT exercises from a fitness magazine and now I do exercise DVDs at home and love it, it has become a way of life. If you are walking regularly you will keep your losses going and build up your strength, it will also help you when you reach your goal :)

Back