Newbie here

K2B2

Hi there.

I'm new to this forum but have spent the last few days reading around and it seems like a nice place to be and to get support. I hope you don't mind me joining you all and introducing myself.

I've been trying to eat healthy for a couple of months now but after no significant change in my weight I thought I'd have a vague count of how many calories I was using each day and was really surprised. So last Friday I started counting points. I've done it before and lost weight but since having my kids I've never stuck to a diet really. But I like WW and its ideas so I've gone back to it.

So last week went really well, did some exercise videos and lots of walking when I could. Stuck really well to the points (thank God for Curly Wurly's!) but on weigh in today managed to lose only 1lb which was a little demoralising. I measured myself again and did lose some inches so not all bad, but then I wonder how accurate I am at measuring myself iykwim.

I'm 5ft tall and at the moment I am 10 st 8.5 (last week 10st 9.5). The most I've been is 10st 13.5 - way too close to 11st for comfort. I'm on holiday in 3 and half weeks and really wanted to be 10st by then, but can't really see that coming off. Too many weeks staying the same and then this week of losing 1lb. Now I just want to lose as much as I can in the coming weeks.

I have quite old WW books from when you started the first week on 18 points and then if you were between 10st and 12st you went to 20. Now, it's changed and I worked out I should be on 18 all the time. Last week I was on 18 pts and have been undecided about what to do this week. Should I stick to 18, do as my books suggest and go to 20 or maybe try the Wendie Plan for 18 pts. What do you think? My current thinking was try the wendie plan, but happy to get input.

Have to say I hate being small and overweight, seems such a hard slog and so little to eat! I wish I was taller!

Anyway, any input gratefully recieved and thanks for reading!!

K

(off to sort a signature out)

Hey welcome :) .

I think if be tempted to try kickstart for the first week! .... 18points for 1 week! aparently your only allowed to do it one week at a time ! some people do one week a month! ... Make sure you check your portion sizes and count everything! also writing everything down is good! if i didnt do that id be stuffed! (litraly) ....

Hope your ok! look forward to getting to know you more!
ps im short to! .. 5f 2 and a bit!!!!!! .. and weigh 13.12 at the moment ! almost got my first stone off! so getting there slowly!
xx

Thanks for the welcome Pixie. Maybe the problem is though that my normal points would be 18 so kickstart isn't quite kick starting it at all. Think have decided to try wendie plan for this week and see how it goes. No harm in trying!

I wouldnt try the Wendie plan yet. Its really meant for if you hit a plateau or your losses slow down. Id stick with your points allowance for a few weeks to start off

Oh and welcome aboard :)

Hi all,

thanks all for the welcome. The week is going well, I haven't cheated at all so really hoping for a good weight loss this week. Still have today and tomorrow to go though, but here's hoping. Going to make some 0 point soup to get me through.

It's my birthday on Friday though (WI in morning - phew!) and Sainsbury's have just sent me a voucher for a box of Lindt Lindor chocolates - my fave! No idea how many points are in them or which kind to go for. Might have that in lieu of a cake!

K

Morning K ... um the Lindt are alot if their rabbits are anything to go by lol .... the ones that are one size up from the teenie ones are 24 points! ............

Glad to hear your getting on well! sounds like your having a good week so far good luck for w.i tomorow! Have a great birthday to

xx Kirsty

Thanks, have had a google and it seems the lindor balls are 2pts per ball. Thank goodness I'll have willing helpers to eat them!

Hey There!

Welcome to WW on Minis!! 2 points per ball sounds reasonable to me. Just enough to top off a meal or as a little treat to get you through the day!! Mind you I'd personally sooner have a curly wurly for the same points as it takes soooo much longer to eat :D (but I'm just a greedy guts!) LOL!

Don't be down about your 1lb loss either hun. 1 lb is 1 lb, it's a loss and a decent one at that. Have a google and see what a lb of fat looks like, you'll be shocked then it won't seem like such a little amount ;):D
xx

Back