Newbie here!!

meatiemeatloaf

:talk017:

Hey there everybody! Just wanted to say hi to you all as I am a newbie!

I am starting my diet tomorrow (5th jan 2009) and hoping to lose a considerable amount of weight - around 119lbs so i would appreciate any good advice and help you can give. Have been on the odd few diets but never seriously done them and as I am 30 at the end of August this year, i really wanted to try and lose as much weight as possible - i dont want to be this big at 30 (also due to the fact that i have been big all my life and i think it's about time i found out what it's like to be thin!! :D)

I am very excited about starting to diet as i really want to do well and i am sick of eating lots of unhealthy post christmas food! I need determination and willpower (which i am not very good at!) and to stop being lazy and eating the easier options.

Anyway, sorry for ranting on!

Meatiemeatloaf

welcome! :D that font is hard to read:)

Hi there and welcome to Minis :D Good luck on your weight loss journey xx

Welcome to minimins, our friendly forum. Good luck on achieving your goal. See you in the WW section of this forum.

Welcome to the forum and all the best with WW, I am sure ya will get that 119lbs off no problem. Take care

Thanks guys for the support, I have a feeling I am going to do really well with all of your support! I'm not usually this positive and currently I feel very excited about what I can potentially achieve.

I have a really odd phobia about losing weight, sounds strange I know but I must explain why. I have always worried that as I have got to this large size and have been for most of my life, I am worried about excess skin, etc. I already have awful varicose veins and thread veins on my legs which I am now more embarassed about and try to cover them, but I do worry about excess skin. I always feel that I would sooner be fat than be thin with lots of skin hanging everywhere. I would feel more bad about myself looking like that. I think I just need to get myself into a better frame of mind about what I will look like. Has anyone ever had the same feelings as me?

Back