Newbie here

Hi everyone.
I am new to CD, well I will be when i have had my first meeting with the councillor which is tomorrow evening.

I have been doing WW for about 2 years off and on, lost weight well when it was "on" but as progress is so slow I kept falling off the wagon while waiting for good results. I have decided to boost my weight loss by trying CD. I am 13st 3lb by my scales in the am, and I would love to lose two stones asap. I have read lots on the website and am up for the challenge. I know the first week is going to be the hardest, but I am determined, and I know if I see good results it will keep me motivated in the long run.

I am a little worried about when i stop though, as I hate the idea of eating bland stuff, I would be happy if I could stop and return to WW or SW, and hope this helps to stabilise my weight, but I think it won't. Judging by the things on here i need to introduce food very gradually when the time comes. I am sure I will be told all the details tomorrow.
I am on WW at the moment, so I am already in the low fat zone, started to drop carbs and drink loads of water today in preparation for CD.

If I can lose a stone in a month I will be over the moon.

Hello and welcome.
Good Luck on your journey.

Thank you. :)

Still trying to get to grips with the site, signatures and such like... hopefully my goals will appear below.

Oh God, I am imagining it, I go on holiday in August and I always want to do lots of walking, and by the time it comes to it and I am huffing and puffing along in the heat I can't bear it.
I want to be able to wear an outfit without worrying about it showing my bum and just walk out in the fresh air.
We climbed a hill a couple of years back, a real biggy, very steep, with rough terain. I was about 14st at the time and I thought I was going to collapse! If I get to 11 stone I will be attacking it again. :D

Hi there Tinka,

I started on SS again today after majorly falling off the wagon a few weeks ago. Thankfully I've been eating properly so have managed to lose a couple of pounds before restarting today :) got up late thanks to Bank Holiday Monday (god i do love them!) so have only had one pack so far today - porridge...i suggest you get some as it's blimmin gorgeous! Good to feel like you're having something "normal" as well rather than the constant shakes n soups :)

I'm here if you want a buddy as we'll be on the same sort of page on our weightloss :)

Enjoy the sunshine!

Jacqui xxx

Good luck Tinka. It's a fabulous diet. I suspect after meeting your CDC and talking through the process you won't want to restrict yourself with WW or SW!!!

When you get to working your way up the stages you will have a new relationship with food and once you're in maintenance you will hopefully not have to do any sort of diet. There are plenty of people on here who maintain and just don't crazy. Good most of the time sort of thing!

Anyway, best of luck. I'm sure you'll do great and good luck for tomorrow. x

Hi there Tinka,

I started on SS again today after majorly falling off the wagon a few weeks ago. Thankfully I've been eating properly so have managed to lose a couple of pounds before restarting today :) got up late thanks to Bank Holiday Monday (god i do love them!) so have only had one pack so far today - porridge...i suggest you get some as it's blimmin gorgeous! Good to feel like you're having something "normal" as well rather than the constant shakes n soups :)

I'm here if you want a buddy as we'll be on the same sort of page on our weightloss :)

Enjoy the sunshine!

Jacqui xxx

Thanks Jacqui, sounds good to me, we can keep each other going. I will ask for the porridge tomorrow when i go, because i usually have porridge for breakkie anyway.

I hope my councillor has the porridge in stock. Will be the first time I have ever done this so I will be finding a lot out tomorrow I guess.
From what i gather there are flavoured powders which are either sweet or savoury, and you can put hot or cold water with them. Then bars and ready made shakes...? But I cant have bars until week 3. Oh and the porridge and some flavouring for water.
I think I will go for strawberry and banana as favourites, with the possibles being... Fruits of the forest, vanilla, chocolate or choc orange, and leek and potato or vegetable.
On the website it says that they are sold in 21's though! That is a pain, because I am a grade 1 fusspot. If i hate something then it will be a chore to get through another 20 sachets of it!
We will see, I am very eager to get on with it now. Probably will be wailing with hunger in 2 days! LOL

2 stones. Wowe. I wish I had just 2 stones to lose. Bsaically the way my LLC looks at it is:

A while eating bland and boring stuff is more thana good deal for the happiness and good vibes it will bring.

I hope my councillor has the porridge in stock. Will be the first time I have ever done this so I will be finding a lot out tomorrow I guess.
From what i gather there are flavoured powders which are either sweet or savoury, and you can put hot or cold water with them. Then bars and ready made shakes...? But I cant have bars until week 3. Oh and the porridge and some flavouring for water.
I think I will go for strawberry and banana as favourites, with the possibles being... Fruits of the forest, vanilla, chocolate or choc orange, and leek and potato or vegetable.
On the website it says that they are sold in 21's though! That is a pain, because I am a grade 1 fusspot. If i hate something then it will be a chore to get through another 20 sachets of it!
We will see, I am very eager to get on with it now. Probably will be wailing with hunger in 2 days! LOL

You wont have to buy 21, Your CDC should let you get as few as you want. And theres a sticky about buying CD on internet-not advisable. hope this helps and good luck on your journey!

Thanks.
I have about an hour and a half to go before I see the councillor. I hope her scales are very similar to mine. I have to admit though mine tend to be 2lb heavier than my mothers, the doctors etc. So as I am weighing early evening instead of first thing in the morning, I am hoping they match up to within a pound.
I have told family members and I can see some are very interested, and some are sceptical. My mom being sceptical, I can see the "you won't stick to it" expression all over her face, even though she has only said "Well what happens when you start eating again?" out loud.
I shall :p in a month when i am a stone lighter!!

Whoo hoo
Well, she had the porridge and loads of other stuff to boot.
I have settled for
Strawberry, banana, vanilla, chocolate, choc orange, leek and potato, vegetable and porridge - plus a couple of Tetra in straw and banana. I bought 25 items altogether as i thought if something was so rank I couldn't manage it then i could substitute it for something else.
She also gave me two ketosis testing strips, which is really kind. Oh and I bought a shaker. :D

Lets see what tomorrow brings now.

Good luck!! You will soon find out which flavours you love and which are vile!
You seriously can lose 2 stone in two months! xx

Hey Tinka and welcome!

There seems to be quite a few of us new to it here :)

Sounds like you're all set and raring to go! I am only on day 3 and 4lbs down already! You know WW takes about 4 weeks for that to happen! xxx

I certainly do! lol
If I get to 12st 9lb within the next two weeks (which is 8lb loss) I will be the lightest I have been in about 5 years! Then when I drop below 12st 2lb, the lightest I have been for about 8 years!
I cant wait. Plus it is a fab excuse to buy new clothes.
Part of me toyed with just getting on with it quietly and seeing if people noticed, but I figured it would be far easier to stick to if i made a big fuss to all my family about it, and how I was going to stick to it. I am not going to give in now, no matter what! Otherwise I am going to look like a numpty with an ego and a big mouth! :D

Well day 1 - had black coffee, then a strawberry shake for breakkie at about 9.30 and was hungry by about 12.15pm. delayed it with water, and had a leek and potato soup at 1.30pm. Just feeling hunger pangs again strangely enough, my body is asking for more - and it is NOT getting it, no way! :D
No headache yet, but odd hunger pangs here and there. Strawberry was nice, soup is a bit powdery but manageable.
Still feeling positive, and thinking metaphorically about my body as though it is a child. At the moment it is a child that is sulking because it isnt getting something it wants, we havent got to the full blown temper tantrum phase yet, but there is a definate strop brewing. LOL. I shall send it to the naughty step if it starts tonight! i.e. me curling up in bed and sleeping it off.

Back