newbie in need of support

lynseym

hi all, joined the site on recommendation from my sister, as i am struggling a bit and dont want to carry on up the wrong way back up the scales again.

i joined slimming world in march 2009 and at my lowest got my 3.5 stone award, have since gained some back, and want advice on how to nip this in the bud.

As well as having a really active job, which i cycle to, i do up to 4 gym sessions per week normally 2 spinning classes and one gym class.

any advice would be fantastic :)

Hey and welcome to MM

This is a lovely forum you will get lots of helpful friendly advise. Just a bit confused as to what you wanted advise on? Are you a maintainer wanting to make sure you carry on maintaining and not slipping back into old habits or are you trying to loose weight?

Xxx

im trying to lose the weight ive gained over the last 3 months, i've never called target,
kinda lost faith in the girl that runs our group as we seem to get the short end of the stick (she runs another group on a thurs) with support and ideas, and inspiration, i find going to the gym more beneficial, but seem to gain weight the more i go to the gym and spin, i really dont want to give the classes up as i am at the fittest ive ever been. its just a bit frustrating knowing i have done loads of body magic and then gaining. x

Hi, wow that's awesome that you're going to the gym:talk017:. I think that's really good that you're exercising. I just started exercising again several weeks ago. I noticed it makes me hungier, but I feel so much more alive and healthier.

Maybe you should take a look through the different diet sections on this forum, and see how each one is based to see if it matches the lifestyle you like or best suits you. That's what I did. I was doing LCHF, but decided that it didn't best suit my needs, so I spent several days looking at the different diet/lifestyles to see which one sounded like it suited me best.

lynseym said:
im trying to lose the weight ive gained over the last 3 months, i've never called target,
kinda lost faith in the girl that runs our group as we seem to get the short end of the stick (she runs another group on a thurs) with support and ideas, and inspiration, i find going to the gym more beneficial, but seem to gain weight the more i go to the gym and spin, i really dont want to give the classes up as i am at the fittest ive ever been. its just a bit frustrating knowing i have done loads of body magic and then gaining. x

Yes I know where your coming from. although i am at target (but recently went on a bit of a pre holiday mission to loose more weight as I am on holiday in 5 weeks ... I have snapped out of now though) so have started the jillian michaels 30 day shred (on day 9 @ level 1) to try and tone up...i alao do aerobics 1/2 a week and bike rides every now and again and the first week put on 1lb

I would agree with the previous post just have a look around try a few different diets and see what works for you. Although I do SW I have also recently signed up for myfitnesspal on iPhone app to keep track of calories consumed whilst making sure I have my HEA's HEB'S and syns etc perhaps that's something to look at as I was concerned about over eating on the SW plan with all the super free and free foods your allowed too x

I am thinking of calling temporary Target tomorrow whilst I give my head a wobble and get myself back on track. Not sure whether to just concentrate on my fitness for a while. My class is getting a new consultant in Sept, so hopefully she will be able to help some too x

hi there and :welcome: to the forums. My top tip when losing weight was to break down the weight loss into more manageable chunks e.g 3 pound blocks and treat yourself when you reach each one. I found it made the process alot easier!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

yeah that might be a plan, go back to baby steps to get the ball rolling again so to speak. Gonna go back to basics and do a food diary for the week, but still keeping up with my Spinning classes :)

Back