Cruise PV Newbie in town! 2 and a half weeks in.....

FlickaFlea

Hello all!

Another newbie here - This is actually my third week on the diet (so into cruise phase), but this is my first forum! I'm hoping it will really help to be able to share experiences...and keep each other going.

I started at 182 and want to get down to 147. This is my first diet in a good few years, but I really think I'm going to see this through, with a bit of support.

Lost about 8lbs so far, though not really any in the last week....hoping this will budge soon though/be water retention or something as I've been good! I've heard that others can be slow to start in the cruise phase....But that weight loss soons picks up....? Do share if you've had a similar experience!

Sorry for the long intro! Really happy to join you guys here.

Thanks

:) FlickaFlea xx :)

Welcome Flicka... it's true that we've seen that weight loss is rarely regular, and if you plot your losses on a chart it's up and down often a little like the teeth of a saw (they say in French...).

Perhaps if you post some menus we might be able to spot some areas you might improve. Pre packaged foods tends to contain a lot of salt, and so are good to avoid when possible. Smoked salmon in the evenings causes me water retention (but I love it so I persist!).

Anyway good luck and good to see you encouraging fellow new people :)

welcome to the forum :D

Thank you both for your welcomes - and wow, you've both lost big numbers there, which is really inspiring!

Today I'm on a PP day - I had 2 tbs oatbran with a little milk and 1 sweetener for breakfast (everyday this is the same)

Smallish serving of plain fat-free fromage frais around 10.30 - with 1 sweetener and a dash of vanilla essence. (I don't have this everyday - some days nothing, some days I have some lean beef slices around this time (which in general I use a fair bit as a snack, so good to know the pre-prepared meats may have too much salt in))

Lunch now - Am having some strips of lean beef which I did in a wok (no oil) with a little bit of chilli, garlic, ginger and a dash of soy sauce (which I've never used before, I hope it's not too sweet)

This evening I'm going to have a salmon fillet, steamed or done in the microwave (so no butter etc.) - will prob just have a squeeze of lemon on it. Some days for this kind of thing I might have a little dollop of plain fat free fromage frais with some herbs in it.

I have a little milk in my coffee throughout the day (maybe 4 - 5 in a day!)

I hope this is all ok! I'll post a PV day tomorrow.

One more thing - I haven't actually had a BM in about a week now (sorry if TMI!) so I'm hoping that may be disguising some real weight loss. Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks for your help :)

transit issues (what we call them ) ;) are common and usually sort themselves out when you have veg. failing that strong coffee or ice cold water first thing in morning helps as does rhubarb :D

Hi Flickaflea and welcome! I don't think I lost anything in the first week of Cruise so you're not alone. I'm now losing 2lbs a week most weeks though, so hang on in there!

I'm no expert - just 6 weeks in, myself - but your pp day looks fine to me. it looks very like what I was eating for the first few weeks, although I was eating more, snacking all day long on boiled eggs, sugar-free jelly, prawns, mussels, etc. I recommend you start making some of the recipes soon, though, so you don't get too bored - the chocolate and orange muffins (see recipes thread) and mince flan (see Trudy's diary) are definite winners for me.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. You have less to lose than I do but the figures aren't that far apart so I'll watch with interest!

Thanks Sarafvrm!

Yes - I keep meaning to try more recipes so I will definitely try those two. I LOVE the orange and chocolate combination so those muffins sound right up my street :)

I eat more on the weekends - hard-boiled eggs / prawns etc, but stuck in the office during the day I don't have much opportunity to!

Great to hear your story - makes me feel good. I'll definitely let you know how it goes.
x

Back