Newbie - introduction and a question or two

Welcome and good luck :) I would definitely increase your water intake and lower your carbs before you actually start on the packs, and you should then have a quicker, easier ride into ketosis.
I've heard good things about Paul McKenna's 'I can mkae you thin' CDs. I'm not sure if they're CBT, but I think it is helping you to rethink when you eat, so that food becomes something you do when you're hungry, and not just something you do!
The break from food on Exante might be helpful for you, and force you to find other things to do to satisfy that emotional need.
Anyway, welcome and good luck :)

Thanks for your good wishes Cybill, I'm sooooo going to need them, sending some back your way too. :)

I think I might have a Paul McKenna book lurking somewhere, will go and rootle in my bookcase and see, it might just help.

I definitely feel that I need the break from food, not just to lose weight but to establish a healthy relationship with it. I do not want to pass my attitude on to my children.

OneTwoFour (but OTF or 124 is fine too!)

P.S. Can anyone tell me please how to put quotes from more than one post in to a reply? I assume I need to use BB code? It would save me taking up loads of space when I'm replying. TY :)

Last edited:
Hiya and welcome! We have similar amount to lose so be looking forward to seeing you about :) I also heard that the paul mckenna cds were good, but im an expert at convincing myself im hungry when im not so not sure theyd help me haha! If you do find a good book let me know....im on the hunt as well! Anyway, good luck :D xx

If you mean to keep certain quotes on ur page all the time so u dont need to keep rewriting, if you go into user CP, edit signatures....you can stick stuff in there and it'll show every tiem u post xx

If you mean to quote and reply to several peoples posts in one long post hit the " icon just to the left of the Thanks button. Do that for every post then hit 'reply' and they'll all go in the one post for you to reply to

Hiya and welcome! We have similar amount to lose so be looking forward to seeing you about :) I also heard that the paul mckenna cds were good, but im an expert at convincing myself im hungry when im not so not sure theyd help me haha! If you do find a good book let me know....im on the hunt as well! Anyway, good luck :D xx

Hiya Babystar, good to have a weight loss buddy and well done on your loss so far!

The book I'm looking at on Amazon is Beyond Chocolate: how to stop yo-yo dieting and lose weight for good
. The reviews look good.

Back