Newbie, just joined

Flab-u-less-Flower

Silver Member
I am a newbie and want to be a lifetime maintainer, so far my maintenance is doable, how is yours going for you?

Hi Flab-u-less Flower (fab name by the way!)

I'm new to this forum too and currently just beginning my maintenance journey. I'm following the Lighter Life 'Route to Management' programme, which is re-introducing conventional food and helping me to work out how much I can eat to maintain my new weight.

I'm finding it quite hard because I have soooo missed conventional food over the last few months and now I'm getting my tastebuds back, I want everything!! :eek:

However, I'm also exercising for the 1st time in ages, which I'm hoping will help.

Well done with your maintenance so far!
Monkey
x

Thanks Monkey,
I like your name too, you can do it! I did my weightloss by calorie counting, so actually no food was ever off limits to me, if I wanted it I just had to count the calories, and worked them into my days allotment, so I never felt deprived.
Exercise is great, I am an addict never go a day without it!

Hi Flab u less and Monkey

I too am maintaining, I lost my weight following the Cambridge Diet (4 stone) and have been maintaining for 7 months.

Although I'm still at my goal weight I still find it a struggle controlling binges. If I give into a binge episode I then spend the next couple of days on salads:eek:

It will be nice chatting to you about how you're getting on. When I was losing the weight I found this site a great source of inspiration and motivation. It will be nice to share experiences of maintenance with others too:):)

Tracey
x

Hi mini,
Congrats to you, albeit you really are mini! Yeah Maintenance is a rollercoaster ride, losing the weight was far easier, but to maintain we MUST do this forever. I posted a long post how maintaining has been for me. I too still have binges, but they are becoming less and less.

Thanks sonkie, congrats on your pregnancy too.

Hi mini,
Congrats to you, albeit you really are mini! Yeah Maintenance is a rollercoaster ride, losing the weight was far easier, but to maintain we MUST do this forever. I posted a long post how maintaining has been for me. I too still have binges, but they are becoming less and less.

I agree the weight loss journey was a lot easier! I will look for your other maintenance post.

I'm glad your binges are getting fewer:) I seem to go through phases, I'll have a really good couple of weeks, then whammo I need a fix! That's exactly how it feels when I binge, all control goes out of the window the food is like a drug that although I know I don't want it I feel I need it. I get a high whilst I'm eating it, then I get a low when I've finished:eek::(

Lol I've just read that back and I sound like a nutter:rolleyes::eek: I wander if others feel the same:confused:

One thing I do know:D I love being slim:D:D:D and never want to regain the weight!

Right I'm off to find your other maintenance posts:):)

Take care
Tracey
x

Hey minilady,
I think it is ok to still have our fixes now and again. Do you find that when you do have a binge that it sometimes takes 3 or 4 days to get back on track? For me, it was almost as if I start on sugar, I turn into an addict immediately and just want more, more more. Now I am learning to balance the good with the bad and moderation is key. I am not aiming for perfection, it is more about consistency nowadays and that seems to be working when I don't deprive myself of anything!

Hope you enjoy reading my novella..

Hey minilady,
I think it is ok to still have our fixes now and again. Do you find that when you do have a binge that it sometimes takes 3 or 4 days to get back on track?

I have quite excessive binges which are always late at night (normally when everyone is asleep). The next day I am quite happy to get back to healthy eating again. It's a strange thing, I know that the binges make me feel unwell and that when eating healthily I feel great, yet I still do it:confused::( I still have lots of head work to do. You've met KD on other threads, she is wonderful:D I used to write in a maintenance diary and KD would pop in from time to time and get me thinking (she's very good at that!) I felt her input really helped and I am in a better place now than when I first started maintenance. So I guess as time goes by it will get easier. I haven't regained any weight so I must be doing something right.

For me, it was almost as if I start on sugar, I turn into an addict immediately and just want more, more more.

Yes that's me too! and if I start on salt then the sugar shortly follows:eek:

Now I am learning to balance the good with the bad and moderation is key. I am not aiming for perfection, it is more about consistency nowadays and that seems to be working when I don't deprive myself of anything!

Lol you sound like KD now! Have a read through some of her diary threads, they make interesting reading.

Hope you enjoy reading my novella..

I did:D

Tracey
x

Hey Tracey,
We All Have Head Work To Deal With. I Know The Binge Monster Is In My Head, But Oneday We Both Shall Tune Him Out Completely & Our Binges Will Be A Thing Of The Past!

I used to write in a maintenance diary and KD would pop in from time to time and get me thinking

:D Secretly (sssshhh) I always feel sorry for those that I've jumped on :D Glad to hear it helped, even if it isn't always easy reading :)

Back