Newbie - Just started today

Morning all,

I have just started this today, I bought Alli from Boots yesterday and I'm presuming its the same tablet but under a different name.

I have just come off the Cambridge Diet yesterday after having been on it for a week as I was suffering really bad. It wasnt for me at all, however, I did lose 9.5lbs in 5 days so i was quite pleased with that but the side effects were ridiculous. Its not worth putting myself through that.

I have about 4 stone to lose now so am hoping this little tablet will help. I read the charts in the book etc and for my weight i have to eat 1800cals and 19g of fat per meal - there is just no way i will eat 1800 cals in a day i just never have done that.

Have took first tablet this morning as I had Fruit and fibre with skimmed milk and thats all - got new kitchen scales yesterday too so i can weigh all my food out and do it properly.

Glad this little network is here, i find it very supportive.

Michelle

Hi Michelle, actually Alli is half the strength of xenical, and is only available through prescription ...

The only bit of advice i can give, is to write everything down, thats the best thing i can say, and maybe write a list of all your regular foods, and fat contents so you know :)
Good Luck

Hi Durhamlass and :welcome:

Alli is, as has already been said, a lower dosage of xenical than prescribed by a GP
but is the same drug.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Welcome aboard! I started 10 days ago (Xenical) and have been really impressed so far. I lost 5lbs in the first week and once I got my head round the principles have found it easy to stick to, mainly for fear of unwanted side effects!

If you get on OK with Alli then why not go to the Docs and ask for Xenical? It's 120mg of Orlistat so basically double the strength of Alli which is 60mg of Orlistat. It's also £7.20 (prescription cost) rather than £50 a month!

:welcome: to the xenical forum!

I totally agree with above, see how it goes with the alli and ask gp for a prescription once you've used up the batch you've bought.
Have a nosy through the forum and if you're stuck just shout!
I wish you every success x;)

welcome to the forum and to thebast people around,
hope your weight loss goes well and hope to speak soon x

Back