Newbie looking for a home!!

Todays menu is

Breakfast
Pineapple, clementine and Banana

Lunch
Jacket potato with mixed salad leaves, cucumber, spring onion and sweetcorn

Dinner
Homemade lentil and nut roast with cabbage, broccoli and carrots

Well its weigh in tomorrow so looking forward to seeing if its been another good week :D

Todays menu is

Breakfast
Banana, clementine and apple

Lunch
Egg Mayonaise and mixed salad leaves,cucumber, spring onions and sweetcorn

Dinner
Homemade Lentil and nut roast with cabbage,broccoli and carrots

Snacks
Handful of mixed nuts

Drinks
Water
Tea

Another delicious sounding menu fulltum :D

I'm out for lunch today <gulp>, hope that a. there's some healthy choices on the menu and b. I have the willpower to choose one :rolleyes:

Good luck for tomorrow, will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Another delicious sounding menu fulltum :D

I'm out for lunch today <gulp>, hope that a. there's some healthy choices on the menu and b. I have the willpower to choose one :rolleyes:

Good luck for tomorrow, will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Thank you :D

Im sure you will be fine, salad or jacket potatos are usually a good option but remember that 1 meal that isnt too healthy isnt the end of the world so long as the rest of the day you are good it will all balance out :cool:

Your menus look delicious Fulltum, lots of variety.

Well its weigh in today and I am pleased to report a loss of 1.5lbs :cool:

Todays menu will be

Breakfast
Banana, clementine and apple

Lunch
Baked mushrooms with mixed salad leaves, cucumber, sweetcorn and grated carrot

Dinner
Homemade vegetable and potato cake with broccoli and cabbage

Was a little bit naughty today and had 2 cadbury mini rolls and a packet of crisps!
Dont feel guilty though as didnt enjiy them so dount I will do it again for a while lol

Last edited:
Had my friend and her son over today so didnt get a proper lunch

Breakfast
Pear, clementine and Banana

Lunch
2 pears and a large handful of raw cashews and macadamia nuts

Dinner
Courgette,onion,pepper and mushroom frittata with mixed leaves,cucumber and grated carrot

Last edited:
Its my Husband's Birthday on monday so we are out for a meal tonight, so I doubt I will be 100% healthy today but Im not bothered as will be back to it on sunday,obviously I want this weight of asap but Im not gonna put my life on hold while I do it :D

Breakfast
Pear, Apple, clementine and Banana

Lunch
???

Dinner
All you can eat restaurant that does chinese,indian, thai and italian :rolleyes:

You deserve to go out tonight and enjoy yourself :D I'd say have a little of everything you fancy without going too mad ;)

At the end of the day, one meal is not going to undo all your good work...... it's only if that meal leads to "oh stuff it, I've blown it now" frame of mind :rolleyes:

Well I wasnt very well behaved at the weekend :cry:
I was basically a pig and then my twins came down with sickness and diahorrea so its been a tough weekend.

I think its fair to assume I am facing a gain on thursday but Im sure I will lose it again soon :D

Todays menu

Breakfast
Banana, pear and apple

Lunch
Couscous and mixed leaf salad with cucumber and spring onions

Dinner
Jacket potato and salad

Day 2 of being back to healthy and already feeling alot better :D

Breakfast
Banana, apple and clementine

Lunch
Baked mushrooms with mixed salad leaves,cucumber,spring onion and grated carrot

Dinner
Homemade Vegetable korma with a side salad

Not been on for a couple of days as been dealing with 2 poorly 18 month olds :cry:
They have now given me their bug so I am feeling pretty rough :(

I have been doing a bit of thinking though and I have decided to stop dieting, I am still gonna eat healthily but Im not gonna weigh myself anymore or get worried about what to eat, I am becoming more and more obsessed with food as the years pass and want to go back to looking at food normally (as fuel)

So when I am hungry (and actually hungry not just seeing the time) I am gonna stop and think about what I really want to eat and eat it :D Im gonna enjoy every mouthful and stop when I am full not because my plate is empty.

I am gonna go by my clothes and not worry if I have a "bad" week anymore :D

hi there just reading your diary, and like yourself I have struggled with food and diets and of course weight :sigh: so it is all about the way we feel, so all the best in eating plan and i will drop in and see how you are getting on :D

Hi Fulltum,
How are you feeling today?..hope you and your babies are a lot better. I've decided to forget about 'proper' diets too and just eat a whole lot healthier. I haven't been hungry all week and I just eat when I want. I'm going to weigh myself once a week because I do want to lose some weight. I'm going to have a treat night on Friday after my weigh-in...life's too short not to treat yourself!
You're a very busy person with two 18 month olds so you're right..food is fuel and you need your energy. There's no point in being skinny but tired & miserable.
Get well soon!

Hi to you both,

Is it ok for me to pop on here? I've come over from the Slimming World board as I am getting frustrated having followed different 'diets' for years and my weight going up and down. I am now adopting a healthy way of living instead - lots of fruit, veg and lean meat/fish, more water, reducing portion sizes at dinner and increasing my exercise. If I want a treat I will have one, but it will be a reduced size treat such as a small glass of wine instead of a large or 1 biscuit not 1/2 a pack.

It sounds like you're both doing really well and are on here for similar reasons to myself. How are you both finding eating healthy? Have you noticed any benefits beside weight loss?

Sarah
X

Hi Sarah!
I like your way of thinking..we all need our treats!. I'm only doing this for a short while but already I have more energy and I have started exercising. I used to do WW and it used to bug me that you had to count fruit..or that oily fish was so high in points. But in reality, that was the healthiest food you could eat!. I reckon that I obsess about food when I'm on a diet because I'm permanently counting the calories or points..and when I keep thinking about it, I get hungrier and hungrier. If I just eat normal foods and include a bit of everything, I'm fine.

That's my way of thinking now - Slimming World was all about syns and I could have up to 15 a day, but in certain situations it wasn't practical like when I'm doing an event at work and have to have a shop bought sandwich. I went for a wholemeal bread ham salad, but the slimming world syn value was huge, even though it was quite a healthy sandwich. I got fed up of looking up 'values' of treats I wanted, stressing about group weigh in's etc.

I'm keeping some of the concepts of slimming world like using sweetner on my cereal and using frylite cooking spray, but it will be lovely not stressing because my OH has used a bit of normal oil to cook dinner.

Me and OH Rob are also going to the gym 4-5 times a week and I'll incorporate 2 classes into this if I can like Body Attack and Pilates or do a class as extra through the week.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me and that I can enjoy eating food again, keeping it healthy but without the pressure.

That's a good bit of exercise so you certainly don't need to worry about weight gain. Enjoy eating healthy. It's amazing how changing your attitude to food can work for you. We'll all be super-fit by the Summer!!!

I hope so lol, I'm going to the south of France in 9 weeks so in about 7 weeks I'm going shopping for holiday clothes with my mum and I want to be able to pick a really nice bikini to wear and to just enjoy the shopping experience.

Back