Newbie - need advice - will my cheating get me in trouble!

Froom37

hi all - new to boards having just completed 1 week

Thanks to all for helpful posts - really helped me get started on exante. I found lots of really helpful stuff so thought I'd share what I experienced too.

I was fine for about 5 days and then I got really bad cravings. I'd got by so far by everytime I thought of something I'd like to eat, I'd write it down to have when I stop dieting - no denial, just not right now. Some of it isn't even unhealthy so I might well allow myself at the end....there's a lot of bread on there tho which is telling me something clearly!

After day 5 I struggled tho and started really needing solid food. I don't have much of a sweet tooth so the bars and shakes aren't great for me - and soup is fine but all liquid getting a bit much.

So I cheated but I wanted to do it in a way that kept me in ketosis. So after a lot of research I had only 2 packs that day and int the evening a 200g steak - pan fried with no oil in a non stick pan, a tablespoon of French mustard and about 80g spinach - with a can of coke zero. It was heaven. About 400 calories in all and almost zero carbs. Despite an anxious night I was still in ketosis the next day and had basically had the equivalent of 4 packs that day - not too bad of a slip.

Next day I did same thing but had 200g prawns with spinach and a little balsamic vinegar (about 200 calories so similar to a pack). Again still in ketosis the next day and I feel great about the week ahead. 8.5 lbs lost this week so doing ok (about 60 to go)

question is - am I missing something? Is there a reason I shouldn't do this? I know the packs are a balanced diet so probably shouldn't do this too often but it's making the weekend something to look forward to, and allowing me the option to eat out when I can't avoid it as most places do a steak and salad (as long as I don't gave any dressing)

Anyway - would appreciate some advice from experienced types and thanks for posting all the stories so far!

Right - if you are on Exante, you have several options I think, one of which is just the packs, but there are others, one of which too is packs and a low carb meal, which is what you are doing, if it works for you and it seems to, then go with it, at the end of the day if you are losing weight, that is the best result x x

That was my theory ;)

couple of other points - nettle tea when you've got used to it is great (almost like soup)

and re Tabasco - I love my very very hot sauces but go easy on them on exante - had very bad stomach pains from one tonight so sticking to Tabasco now.

Last edited:
Back