Newbie - Need some support online as I have moved abroad!

bim88o

Hi All,

My story from the begining... I am 23 years old and have always been a big girl, no excuses, just love food and eat too much of it and don't move enough. Alcohol is also my best friend and worst enemy! I have been going out drinking with the girls atleast 3 nights a week from the age of 16. Too much food and alcohol and not enough exercise has proved to be a fatal combination, although I am very fortunate that I have always had lots of lovely friends and never actually been bullied about my weight, even through school, which is probably why I let my weight get out of control, I never weighed myself I wouldn't of even been able to guess my weight if someone asked me, I just knew i was buying size 22 clothes when I was a teenager.

In April 2011 aged 21 me and my boyfriend decided we was going to live and work in Spain together while we were young and still had no commitments - a huge step for me as I am an only child and very close to my mum and dad and my girls, but this just seemed like such an amazing opportunity that I had to grab it. After taking the leap we found an apartment together and I got a bar job, very different from my 9-5 office job that I left, but I absolutley loved it, needless to say with my passion for the party life I got pretty sucked in as I was working down the strip, therefore drinking every night, and eating disgusting amounts of food the next day on a hangover, me and my boyfriend would also probably have a curry out 3 nights a week followed by a heavy drinking sesh on top of that.

To cut a long 2 years short I split with my boyfriend in Jan 2012 and moved back to England, my life was upside down and my head was all over the place, I knew that I needed to make a huge change in my life or I was just going to emotionally eat myself into oblivion. I joined slimming world on the 20/02/12 and when I stepped on the scales at my first meeting that was the first time in years that I knew my weight... 17st 2.5lb at 22 years old... I was in disbelief as I had watched supersize vs superskinny a few days before this and the 'fat' lady was only 16st something. I had to change.

I was 7 weeks into my SW journey and 12.5lb lighter at 16st 5lb when I decided that I wanted to move back to spain and prove to myself that I could do it alone, I never wanted to leave, it was only because I had split with my other half that I felt weak, like I couldnt do it alone without him as my safety net, but I had met some amazing friends over there and loved my job so I wasn't going to let him drive me away.

April 2012 I moved back and was ready to start enjoying my life again without him, and enjoy it I did... the weight I had lost went straight back on with all the partying.

Over the months I kept yo-yo dieting with stupid diets lasting no more than 2 weeks, with my weight ranging between 16 and 17st.

Dec 2012 I came home for 2 weeks over xmas and had so many plans made for 2013 that I was going to be flying home for, one being my friends wedding in May 2013.

04.02.13 at 16st 3lb I had drawn the line. 2013 is going to be my year and slimming world was going to help me, goodbye to all the stupid excuses I use to make, I don't need to drink to enjoy the lifestyle out here, don't get me wrong I am not going T-total or anything, but I am going to learn to enjoy the other things living in spain has to offer, i.e the sun and lots of lovely long walks along the beach and swimming in the pool - something I have never been able to appreciate as I have always been in bed all day hungover and just laying on the sofa eating all afternoon until it was time for work and ready to go all over again.

I have made myself my own progress book and set myself mini targets, and even bought myself stickers for every half stone and target that I reach. I miss the support of the slimming world meetings when I was in England and this is why I have joined the forum to get some motivation from others and give others some help support and motivation where I can too.

I am 3 weeks in so far and 8lb lighter:

04.02.13 - 16.3
11.02.13 - 15.12 (-5lb)
18.02.13 - 15.12 (-0lb) was my star week
25.02.13 - 15.9 (-3lb)

My next mini target is set for 08.04.13 and I hope to be 14st 12lb.

Sorry to have rambled on, my story is so long as I have fallen off the wagon so many times! This time I AM going to change my life.

xxxxxxxxxx

Good Luck! You could always join SW online if you wanted some more motivation, not the same as group, but it does help sometimes. (looks like we're the same age, give or take a few months, and had similar starting weights too :p)

hi there.

im also new to minimins. and like you, i have done sw on and off and always juggled the same stone or so up and down. i am joining yet another sw class 2moro nite. i know im in the 15 stone bracket somewhere and ive put 2 stone on in the last year just from too many nites out, hangover food, hen partys, weddings, and a 2 week all-inclusive holiday!!
so now it has to stop. maybe we could buddy up to keep each other going.? i have a week in ibiza coming up in june so would like at least that 2 stone off by then and would like another 2-3 stone off by christmas.

THIS IS GOING TO BE OUR YEAR..!!!! :)

xxxx

Hi Roxy, would be fab to buddy up, all my friends are skinny Minnie's so don't understand when I say I'm having a bad day I mean I'm actually going to eat the entire contents of my fridge! Lol to them a bad day might be HALF a pizza!
This site seems to have lots of support so I'm sure you will get your 2st off this time ready for Ibiza! I'll be here to give u a kick up the bum when you need it, if u do the same for me!

The mini target I set myself in April is for when I fly home for my friends hen do and I want to be in the 14st bracket for this, a minimum of 10lb to go, but I've got 7 weeks to do it, so I'm hoping it's achievable plus a few more lbs to get me comfortably in the 14s! Next stop is the wedding in May!

Hen do and Ibiza here we come!

Good luck for the class tommorow and let me know how you get on xxx

Hi Roxy, would be fab to buddy up, all my friends are skinny Minnie's so don't understand when I say I'm having a bad day I mean I'm actually going to eat the entire contents of my fridge! Lol to them a bad day might be HALF a pizza!
This site seems to have lots of support so I'm sure you will get your 2st off this time ready for Ibiza! I'll be here to give u a kick up the bum when you need it, if u do the same for me!

The mini target I set myself in April is for when I fly home for my friends hen do and I want to be in the 14st bracket for this, a minimum of 10lb to go, but I've got 7 weeks to do it, so I'm hoping it's achievable plus a few more lbs to get me comfortably in the 14s! Next stop is the wedding in May!

Hen do and Ibiza here we come!

Good luck for the class tommorow and let me know how you get on xxx

oh i know exactly what u mean. i'm a real binge eater so when i go off the rails there is absolute carnage!!!!
i turn 30 on june 2nd (a week before ibiza) and i always said i wanted to be skinny and 30. i might not be skinny by then but at least i should be well on my way. so my new skinny goal is christmas!!

im sure youll be well on your way to ur mini target for the hen party. im going to start a diary in the diary section to keep myself right. looking forward to us becoming skinny buddies lol.

P.S. WELL JEL that ur living in spain!! lol im sat here on the laptop in jeans and a hoodie with the hood up and the heating full blast. i wonder does shivering and teeth chattering count as 'body magic'??:p

xxx

oh i know exactly what u mean. i'm a real binge eater so when i go off the rails there is absolute carnage!!!!
i turn 30 on june 2nd (a week before ibiza) and i always said i wanted to be skinny and 30. i might not be skinny by then but at least i should be well on my way. so my new skinny goal is christmas!!

im sure youll be well on your way to ur mini target for the hen party. im going to start a diary in the diary section to keep myself right. looking forward to us becoming skinny buddies lol.

P.S. WELL JEL that ur living in spain!! lol im sat here on the laptop in jeans and a hoodie with the hood up and the heating full blast. i wonder does shivering and teeth chattering count as 'body magic'??:p

xxx

Ahh yeah the weather is deffo one thing I don't miss about home! Just focus on the Ibiza sun you will be soaking up with your beach bod in June!
im off now to make a syn free chicken carbonara before work! Xxx

Ahh yeah the weather is deffo one thing I don't miss about home! Just focus on the Ibiza sun you will be soaking up with your beach bod in June!
im off now to make a syn free chicken carbonara before work! Xxx

SYN FREE CHICKEN CARBONARA?? omg cud u post the recipe for that when u get a chance.? enjoy ur dinner luv. xxx

This is my first post on minimins.. I'm a single mum of two so can't get to classes or afford online so I'd love to buddy up! I've always been a size 16-18 and when I get down to a 16 properly I'm sooo happy. My husband left when my baby was 5 months, he's now 2.5yrs and our daughter is 5 and I'm with someone new who's great but loves to eat!

I weighed myself on Saturday and was 16st 12. I'm gutted as I'd actually gotten down to 14.10 a year ago but then fell off the wagon big stylee.

At the moment I have one pair of jeans that fits (pear shaped jeans from Evans lol) and after a few false starts the last couple months I am READY! My goal is to reach 14stone 12lbs in 4 months, ie by the end of June.

Happy to buddy up and recipe share! I made sw Ferrari rocher tonight and they were yumyum!!

This is my first post on minimins.. I'm a single mum of two so can't get to classes or afford online so I'd love to buddy up! I've always been a size 16-18 and when I get down to a 16 properly I'm sooo happy. My husband left when my baby was 5 months, he's now 2.5yrs and our daughter is 5 and I'm with someone new who's great but loves to eat!

I weighed myself on Saturday and was 16st 12. I'm gutted as I'd actually gotten down to 14.10 a year ago but then fell off the wagon big stylee.

At the moment I have one pair of jeans that fits (pear shaped jeans from Evans lol) and after a few false starts the last couple months I am READY! My goal is to reach 14stone 12lbs in 4 months, ie by the end of June.

Happy to buddy up and recipe share! I made sw Ferrari rocher tonight and they were yumyum!!

hi bettyhart, welcome to mini's.

im a 16-18 at the min too. i want to be a 14 for holidays in june.
do u have sw books at home to help you?
xxx

No I don't but I'm seeing the dr tomorrow to try and get a referral. Apparently the NHS will pay for 12 weeks of sw or ww!

If that doesn't work ill pay to join up to get the stuff and then do it from home.. X

No I don't but I'm seeing the dr tomorrow to try and get a referral. Apparently the NHS will pay for 12 weeks of sw or ww!

If that doesn't work ill pay to join up to get the stuff and then do it from home.. X

good luck. hopefully the doc will give u the referral. once u have the books youll be flying!! :) xx

Any pearls of wisdom?

For dinner I made baked potatos with sw coleslaw and couscous and roast peppers and courgette and some ham and laughing cow light. It was a big dinner but all free supposedly! We shall see!

Any pearls of wisdom?

For dinner I made baked potatos with sw coleslaw and couscous and roast peppers and courgette and some ham and laughing cow light. It was a big dinner but all free supposedly! We shall see!

yep all sounds free to me.. as long as ur using the laughing cow light as Healthy Extra 'A'

i cant wait to start class again 2moro night :) xx

Ok I'm cheating a little on the healthy A. Every day I use 2 laughing cow light triangles and enough milk for three cups of tea. Is that bad?

Feeling soooo proud of myself this morning! Went out after work last night and only had 1 alocholic drink - Gin & Bitter lemon zero (nearly died and went to heaven when i discovered diet bitter lemon in my local... the furthest sugar free drinks u normally get out here is diet coke!) so 4 syns for my one tipple and then the rest of the night I just stuck to the diet bitter lemon and people were none the wiser I was off the drink! I haven't told any1 I am back on slimming world, I find it much less pressure and if I am having a treat within my syn allowance you always get that one person that says 'thought you were on a diet' these are the uneducated skinny people who think a diet still means only eating 3 lettuce leaves a day. Anyway, feeling good today and hangover free so might treat myself to a new magazine and take it by the pool (roll on the days when I can lay by the pool in a skimpy little bikini tho and not a heffer tankini and come home with a full tan rather than just brown arms and legs and a huge white tummy!)

Anyway food diary yesterday...

Breakfast: Philli & Ryvita HEA & HEB plus an apple
Lunch: Small portion of the left over chick and broc pasta bake from the night before - 4 syns
Dinner: Syn free chick carbonara plus a tbspoon of parmasan on top - 1.5 syns
Snacks: Black coffee, diet coke, 2x kiwi, Gin - 4 syns

Total: 9.5

Hi Betty,

Feel free to buddy up with us :) Try not to dwell on the fact that you have put your weight back on, you're here now and about to do something about it! You acheived it last time, you can do it again, and some more!
I hope you get your refferal to be signed up to slimming world, if not I would deffo just join to get your books, I'd be lost without them, the food directory is like my bible now, you also need to know your weight allowance of your healthy extras. Maybe look on ebay, there are lots of books on there for sale?

I would also reccommend that u get yourself a note book and write a food diary every day - I've brought myself one and its made a hell of a difference this time round (its amazing what food you forget you've eaten), i also use it to record my weight loss in the back and reward myself a sticker each time I hit half a stone and a mini targert, just as if I would if I was still going to the meetings. Sounds stupid, but when I am thinking of eating something naughty I think to myself 'no I want my sticker this week and i'm only 1lb off getting it etc' just makes u feel good when u see a book full of achievment stickers!

xxxx

SYN FREE CHICKEN CARBONARA?? omg cud u post the recipe for that when u get a chance.? enjoy ur dinner luv. xxx

I'm not one for weighing free foods out so this isn't going to be precise:

Ingredients:

A generous serving of pasta per person you are cooking for (I normally cook enough for 3 but only lasts me 2 dinners as i'm greedy but its free so y not!)
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
Quark
Philli light (HEA or syns)
Salt and Black Pepper
Chicken or Bacon (Or both!)
Onion
Garlic
Mushrooms

1. Cook pasta as normal
2. fry off chicken/bacon onions garlic and mushrooms (and whatever other free foods u fancy) in a pan in fry light
3. Put eggs and yolks in a mixing jug and whisk up, pour in enough quark until you have a smooth creamy sauce and enough to cover pasta. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Drain off pasta and add to pan of ingredients on a low heat.
5. Pour sauce in the pan and stir in until pasta is covered.
6. Stir in up to 70g of Philidelpha light for HEA (I tend to use 35g of phili in the morn for breakfast so I only used 35g in my carbonara last night and was still yummy)
7. Stir it all up with one last good seasoning and you're ready to serve!

For 1.5 syns you can have a tbspn of dried parmasan on top :)

(Sometimes if you find your sauce is a little runny I sprinkle a stock cube in it just to thicken it up or ive tried a squirt of mustard before too)

Enjoy! :) xxxxxxx

Ok I'm cheating a little on the healthy A. Every day I use 2 laughing cow light triangles and enough milk for three cups of tea. Is that bad?

no not bad at all. u coud do it that way or u could have 5 laughing cow light or 6 laughing cow extra light as a healthy extra 'A' and just syn ur milk. each dash in tea is half a syn. i dont drink much tea or coffee so unless im having cereal i just syn each dash. hope that helps.

5 hours till i go to class :) lol

xxx

Great good to know! How did you get on at class?

I went to the gp yesterday and got referred to slimming world for 12 weeks for free! Have to wait for the voucher to come through and I can start.

Just to check- mug shots are free? 3 for £1 in pound land what a bargain!

Back