Newbie needing a Buddy

Lynndiloo

Hi,
I was hoping there may be somebody out there who i can talk to for guidance on weight loss and healthy eating. Ive just come back from doctors as i have a bad case of sciatica, obviously its my weight thats the issue. But my blood pressure is very high and i have been put on ramipril. I am 47yrs old and when i got on the scales at the doctors, it went all the way round and wouldnt register my weight, the nurse says i am approx 155kgs... im mortified.

Please help 😢

Hi Lynndiloo,

Welcome to Minimins.

We have members here doing a variety of lifestyle changes. So my best advice is to have a look into our forums and see which diet style suits your lifestyle. For me, doing Slimming World works as I have to cook family meals and I'm busy looking after two toddlers so I can eat what they eat without worrying about counting calories or weighing food. But there are plenty of vlcd options, weight watchers, calorie counting etc just to find what you think will work for you.

Bean an Tí

Hi Lynndiloo,

Welcome to Minimins.

We have members here doing a variety of lifestyle changes. So my best advice is to have a look into our forums and see which diet style suits your lifestyle. For me, doing Slimming World works as I have to cook family meals and I'm busy looking after two toddlers so I can eat what they eat without worrying about counting calories or weighing food. But there are plenty of vlcd options, weight watchers, calorie counting etc just to find what you think will work for you.

Bean an Tí
Thank you, ive been looking into slimming world so may start there. As long as i start its a step in the right direction 🤞

I'm 140kgs - so will be glad to keep you company. I'm posting a diary - you'll be able to see it when you have more posts. I'm doing low carb keto - using dietdoctor.com and keto club fitness on facebook. I just did their start up session - which was useful about eating low carb without counting carbs or calories.

Updated to add: You can make a ticker like mine by using https://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/ and copy & past the html code info. It makes sense when you go to that site.

Post daily - what's working, what is not, what you are eating etc - a diary to track yourself and keep yourself focused.

Last edited:
Back