Newbie needing help!

belle2011

Hi Everyone;

Im really loving this site, cant wait till I can give people advice!

Any how, had my first weigh in this morning (weighing at boots, weekly) I have only lost 1lb :-(

I know its better than nothing, but I have been so good, exercised, drank water. The only explanation is that I started my * week on saturday and so still kind of * week now (think thats what you guys refer to 'it' as) apart from that I have no other explanation :-(

Also - I am having birds cod steaks in butter sauce (the one you boil in the bag) does anyone have any idea how many syns these are? have searched this website but no joy, I think I have worked it out to be 4 syns on EE but not 100% sure, any help gratefully recieved!

Thanks xx

Is it this one:

Bake to Perfection Cod Fillets with a Parsley Butter Sauce, twin pack, frozen, 140g each 4

Hi Belle, well done on your loss! You are at least heading in the right direction.

It might seem quite disheartening having 'only' lost 1lb, but this could be for a few different reasons. Sometimes members do only lose a small amount in their first week, but they might have a greater loss in their second. Sometimes it takes our bodies a while to adjust to our new eating plan. Also, * week can also make your body retain a lot of water - again, keep sticking to plan and I'm sure you'll get the result you want next week.

If you are still worried, one thing you could do is keep a food diary on here. That way we could have a look at it, incase there is anything we might spot which you need to change or alter slightly. My food diary is in my signiature if you need an example :)

Also, I checked the Slimming World website for the cod fillets. Are they 'Birds Eye Bake to Perfection Cod Fillets with a Parsley Butter Sauce, twin pack'? If so, they are 4 Syns on Extra Easy, 4 Syns on Red, and 9 Syns on Green - hope this helps xx

Thank you for the prompt reply you two, I have lost the packaging but it sounds similar, are there any other possibilities that sound the same with higher syn valuer? I will go with the highest syn value to cover myself!

Thanks for the encouragement about my weigh in, I will stick at it- going to take a look at your food diary now to see if that helps me pick any 'errors' up with my own eating!

Thaks again x

Well done. I was disheartened when I 'only' lost 2lb on my 1st week but stuck with it (I only do green days) & was rewarded with a 5lb loss on 2nd week :)

Thank you for the prompt reply you two, I have lost the packaging but it sounds similar, are there any other possibilities that sound the same with higher syn valuer? I will go with the highest syn value to cover myself!

Thanks for the encouragement about my weigh in, I will stick at it- going to take a look at your food diary now to see if that helps me pick any 'errors' up with my own eating!

Thaks again x

You're very welcome :) That was the only Birds Eye Cod in Butter Sauce product listed on the Slimming World website. Can you remember what the packaging looked like? If it was like this: http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/617\5000116102617\IDShot_225x225.jpg then that is the product listed on the Slimming World Website, and you can Syn it accordingly xx

Hi Everyone;

Im really loving this site, cant wait till I can give people advice!

Any how, had my first weigh in this morning (weighing at boots, weekly) I have only lost 1lb :-(
I know its better than nothing, but I have been so good, exercised, drank water. The only explanation is that I started my * week on saturday and so still kind of * week now (think thats what you guys refer to 'it' as) apart from that I have no other explanation :-(

Also - I am having birds cod steaks in butter sauce (the one you boil in the bag) does anyone have any idea how many syns these are? have searched this website but no joy, I think I have worked it out to be 4 syns on EE but not 100% sure, any help gratefully recieved!

Thanks xx

I think it's important to weigh yourself at the same time and in same/similar clothes every week to get a more accurate result.Did you drink or eat before you weighed in?
As princess-stevie says a food diary can be a big help:)
I agree you'll probably lose a lot more on your second week, when your body adjusts and especially you finish your *;)
Keep posting!! x

Back