Newbie needing some advice

Jen31601

Hi guys, I'm on week 2 of Atkins. I lost 11lbs in the first week and have my second weigh in tomorrow morning. To be honest I don't have much weight to lose...starting weight was 10st5lbs and I want to get down to 8st7lbs. Although the first 2 days were a killer and I constantly felt like I was going to pass out, I got through it and am now loving the diet. I feel so healthy and in a constant good mood. But I need a bit of advice seeing that Christmas is looming... in just under 3 weeks I have a Christmas party which is a 3 course meal. Should I just be naughty for that night and then cut carbs out again from the next day or should I be slowly upping my carb intake until then? After that party I won't be binging again until Christmas day. I just don't want to ruin this hard work and am worried if I binge for one night then start again that I'll have to deal with a couple of days of feeling crap again...please help!! :confused:

hi Jen, do you have any idea what is going to be on the menu yet as you might be able to navigate your way around it without too many problems. If it was me and you know there is no way around it and you want to have some fun, is just enjoy the night but then get right back on it the next day. if you plan for it, then you wont be taken by surprise and will be just as enthusiastic to get back into it the next day. If you have meat options you can always cut out hte potatoes or ask to switch the potatoes for spinach or something? perhaps have a pate for the main but not bread, and just leave dessert saying you're already stuffed!?

Well done on your loss so far, thats great work! :)

Thanks for your reply :). For starter I've got a tomato and mozzerella tart, main is beef medallions in a mushroom sauce (I think veg comes out separately so I'll just have greens and ditch the potatoes) and for dessert I've gone for vanilla pannacotta. I tried to pick the things that I thought were the best carb-wise. I think I'll do what you say and just get back into it the next day. Now I've found the right foods that I enjoy eating I don't think I'll find it that hard to get back into...I hope not anyway! :rolleyes:

that meal doesnt sound too horrific. obviously the tart will be quite carb heavy, but you can always eat the middle and avoid the pastry perhaps, the main sounds yum and you can definitely avoid the potatos if you want to and the dessert is much better than a sponge or torte as its cream based, albeit with sugar. enjoy it all and make sure you have everything you need ready in the house the next day. its not falling off the wagon if you plan for it, especially a one off like this...try not to beat yourself up about it and enjoy your meal out!! xx

Agree that if you plan for it should be ok. Make sure the rest of the day very low carb, avoid anything carby maybe eat around the pastry, enjoy a mouthful or two of dessert - think about it and you may not even want to finish it! I actually find many desserts waaaay too sweet now;). Drink lots of water - might feel sluggish the next day and will slow/stall loss but wont be like first time. Alternatively - take an atkins chocolate brownie bar - break onto plate and add cream. Give your dessert to another person(usually takers) and get the best of all worlds:D

Well done and keep going - planning is key!

Back