Step2 810kcal Newbie needing support

cc_dannii

Hi all, I am new to this forum so hi and hey to all and any support would be appreciated.

i have tried Cambridge SS many times before but never got past the 4th day, this time I went on S2 (my BMI is over 40 o was recommended) and I'm actually finding it a lot better, I'm already on day 11 and after the first week lost a huge 12lb so was very chuffed, I find the weekends the hardest and feeling abut down n grumpy at times feeling so restricted but being motivated by my first loss, I need to loose a HUGE 10st to get to my goal so I have to keep going, any success stories / motivation tips or recipes I can have on S2 would be appreciated.

Dannii xx

well done dannii
im on ss so sorry i have no ideas .. but keep it up you're doing great by the sounds of it.. i to found this weekend hard it was my 1st one.. im full of headache still,, its just not shifting as long os the weight i guess lol
im sure someone will send you some tip x

Thanks Hun, the headaches do shift so keep with it we can get through this if we help motivate each other, just keep drinking that water I aim for 3-3.5 litres a day n it's certainly helped x

i do hope so.. i feel hungover lol
im drinking lots,, i sit drinking out of a bottle and refilling it , having more than the 4pints i was told to have
this site will keep us on track xx

Hey,
I'm on ss+ but I have been experimenting with all the foods we get. Omelettes, steamed food, cooked in grease proof paper in the oven. I made a prawn and veg curry :) Tomorrow I'm going to have portabello mushrooms stuffed with veg with poached egg on top :)

I went to the herbs and spices section of Tesco and bought a whole tone of things lol

I find if I use two of my proteins, I use half of one and half of the other, so instead of two eggs I use one, then I have half a portion of cottage cheese or chicken and the veg in the omelette. It's better with two eggs but then I only have veg to put in it.

I was thinking of getting some quorn mince. I eat the Tesco own meat free mince, was thinking of making a veg parcel and putting herby mince in it Maybe cooking them in the oven. I might only be able to have one though. we can have cabbage, so a giant cabbage leaf or something with the mince and other veg and herbs in it.. erm.. lol a few thoughts.

I don't know the difference between ss+ and step 2.

Water is good because it fills your tummy up of course and helps fluid retention. but too much and too fast can be bad for you, it dilutes the electrolights in the blood.

I think it helps how you look at this, if you see the diet as a prison it is hell, hell you want to break out of. but if you see it as a challenge, a learning curve, something you want to do and are choosing to do, it makes it easer.

Also keeping buisy, I like to have a long bath, at night, I can't sneak food while in the bath. Also playing a few online games helps use up my time. I love reading but I find it hard not to read and eat.

You are doing well so far :) I guess the first few times you were not on the right step for you. It does help to have a diet that is right and that works for us. Waight watchers never really took my fancy, and I don't like the taste of slim fast.

The sore head does go :)

thanx for that message x
im on SS for 12 weeks ekkkk.. but that dress thats to tight is keeping me going :D

i found the weekend the hardest but thats gone now for a few day .. come on we can stick it out x

It's all about distraction for me... I am about to start and I am writing a list of things i have to do before I can even consider eating... (ovbiously I will never get through the list)
Things like cleaning, creating, writing and pretty much anything constructive.
Tonight when I was feeling hungry i jumped up off the couch put some music on and cleaned the fridge and pantry. Worked a treat.

Maybe get a white board or a piece of card and write down a heap of things that can always be done so you never run out. Not only will you have a better body but a cleaner house and a stimulated mind :fingerscrossed:

hey harpers mummy
i too go clean,, bathroom n kitchen out it tonight LOL might even do the oven saturday as a treat LOL,, x

Hi Ladies, thank you sooooo much for the encouragement it really helps.

Fireless I love the idea of some of ur food recipes, especially the quorn parcels might have to try that, I am using so many herbs it's unliveable, my consultant have the recipe for chicken masala so gonna try that tomorrow definitely, I am finding walking my dog more a distraction, in the middle of decorating so stripping walls oh n cleaning too all though tonight was a lazy one catching up on TV so tomorrow I will keep busy.

Step2 is SS+ I think I have 3 packs n a 340 gram meal mainly stuck to spicy chicken n pepper so far had an omelette at weekend but that's it do any ideas are really helpful.

I have a HUGE amount to lose but for the first time in my life I am focused and definitely feeling differently about food already, day 12 nearly over really looking forward toy weigh in Thursday morning, really want about 6lb if possible it's slot to ask after loosing 12lb last week but I figure the bigger u are and the more water u drink the more u roll loose.

Keep up the excellent work ladies, we can do this together.... All ur comments n stories really help do think u

Dannii x

Keep it up Dannii, you're doing great! :)

I find it surprising how much variety you can get out of even just SS, actually, you just need ideas! :D And luckily for me, my CC is full of them XD

Ideas:
1) experiment with how much water you add to the powders, get more out of your meal and feel fuller :D Or split it into two at half strength and feel like you've had a whole extra product!

2) Try adding herbs and spices to your soups (check out my link here for a couple of ideas: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/320354-my-review-cambridge-flavours.html )

3) Try mixing different powders together to make new flavours

4) Try adding a level teaspoon of the golden vegetable water flavouring to one of your soups to give it a boost of flavour

5) Try using the mix-a-mousse mixed with a water flavouring to make Jelly!! (I haven't tried this, but my CC recommended I try it because I can't seem to make the mousse with any of my shakes, it's a disaster)

6) Try using the water flavouring in sparkling water to make fizzy juice! :D

7) try freezing flavoured water, or flavoured sparkling water into ice lollys with an ice lolly maker :D Great on sunny days!

8) Try making CRISPS OUT OF YOUR SOUP POWDER?? This blew my mind, I tried it with oriental chilli and they were just amazing, and I tried it with chocolate mint but made them quick thick, they were also amazing. Some amazing ideas that just shouldn't work but actually do here: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-recipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html

Okay that's all I can think of off the top of my head :p

Wow IvoryMarri THANKU sooooo much for ur support and all those ideas my CC had too me about a few of those so I definitely must give them a try, I've never been a lover of sparkling water but maybe it's time I tried.

I love the summer berry flavouring only just started to use it so that's a fab idea, reduce the craving for fizzy drinks too ?

Will keep u posted on my loss this week and any new ideas I might get.

Keep focused all we can do it xx

you're very welcome Dannii! :) Feel free to come join our Team for some more of that!! We're all in this together! <3 x

Dannii whooop!!! thats awesome chick ,, well done keep it up :party0011:

Help. Im only on day 2 but woke this morning with a banging headache and feeling very weak!! Have an 11 month old to look after on my own cuz hubby is offshore and wondering is it worth it? All advice appreciated. Thanks xx

Help. Im only on day 2 but woke this morning with a banging headache and feeling very weak!! Have an 11 month old to look after on my own cuz hubby is offshore and wondering is it worth it? All advice appreciated. Thanks xx

Hi yeah it is so worth it honest, I lost 14lbs in my first week and its made me so motivated. Keep drinking lots of water and take some paracetamol . The first few days are the hardest but once your over day 4 it gets better, just stick with it xx

take some tablets .. its takes a few days to pass chick.. if little one has a nap go have one too :D ,, its worth it if you really want to do this :D
its the first time id ever tryed it .. and lost 9lb in my first week.. i would defo say its worth it :D

I agree with everyone else it is worth it, trust me I have attempted this diet far too many times before that I wish to mention but now I've started my 3rd week n I couldn't be happier honestly it dies get easier, lots of water n paracetamol n early nights or extra sleep even small walks really help, just keep busy it will take ur mind of it.

Keep reading the threads they help too, I read every night before I go to bed n it keeps me motivated.

The care were all here if u need us x

Ellied43............i am on day 3 ...... my headaches have gone and feeling good however i am running to the loo all the time.....did you find that at the beginning??

You will get a workout with your little one lol how sweet. Just think how much better everything is going to be once the weight is off! x

Hi I am on day five, and feel so energetic today it's been lovely, it's my first weigh in tomorrow but I've sneaked at my scales and have lost 9 lbs so its worth it, bring on next week, cause this week has been hard at times but worth it.

Back