Newbie needs advice

Rachelina

Hi everyone, I have just joined a WW group today and have a few questions if that's ok as I have never done it before

Firstly, I have signed and paid for a monthly pass, they have given me a starter voucher I have to complete online, but it is asking for my debit card details, it doesn't say when it will take the money but I am concerned as I have already paid for the forthcoming month???

Also, how many points extra do you get for exercise? I run 40 miles a week!!!

Can you carry points over to the next day if you don't use them or do you have to have them all every day? what happens if you have a few less than you should?

Finally, can anyone give me a list of zero points food to help me along? I am currently struggling not knowing what to eat, what is classed as 'low points' etc, I am used to doing Slimming World and wanted a change (as I got sick of mullerlights!!) so any advice would help

thanks

Welcome to WW

Your next monthly payment will come out in a few weeks, its sooner than the 4 weeks the first month which is a pain but after that its every 4 weeks.

Exercise - hmmm dont do any so pass on that one ;)

You can carry a maximum of 4 a day over but you have to use them up by the end of the week, its great if youre planning a night out or want a 'treat night' :)

Hi Rachelina,

You don't get extra points for regular exercise - I think once you've done something for more than 2 weeks it counts as regular exercise. Bonus points are basically from anything 'extra' you do. I think it's to encourage you to move more. However, it's obviously better not to use bonus points if you can, as you will loose weight quickly.

As for free foods - most vegetables are free a long with a couple of other items - these should be listed in your book.

Also, when you sign up online with your monthly pass details, you will find some online tools - play around with these particularly the online food tracker - you can play around with food ideas, and start getting an idea for points.

Most people are posting food diaries, so take a look, as it will give you some ideas. I'm posting mine in my blog, to keep it altogether. I'm a weight watchers re-starter but have been using the system for around 10 years, so if you have any questions, just ask.

Katrina x

You don't get extra points for regular exercise - I think once you've done something for more than 2 weeks it counts as regular exercise.

Really? Blimey, I never knew that! Boo.

Rachelina, most veg are 0 points (not corn, peas, sweet potato, parsnips or potatoes) but I think all other veg are. I like to make 0 point stew or curry with a range of veg and a tin of tomatoes and spices etc - v handy when peckish of an evening. Sugar free jelly is also 0 points. Good luck x

Zero Point Soups

Zero point soups rock. Here's the recipe for my favourite one of all. Very creamy and very tasty. Also, very nice chilled in the summer.

Serves: 6 (0 points per serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Freezes well.

Ingredients:
  • low fat cooking spray
  • 3 medium leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
  • 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
  • 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
  • 1 litre (1 ¾ pints) hot vegetable stock
  • 300 ml (½ pint) skimmed milk
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method:

1. Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray, add the leeks, cover and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes until softened.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, leaving it slightly ajar, and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Liquidise the soup in batches and adjust the seasoning to taste.

Note: You will need a really big saucepan - I use a stock pot type sized saucepan or a large metal casserole dish suitable for the hob would be ideal.

I didn't realise that either about the exercise. Surely if you are running that much that week you would have to take in a few more calories?? I run a bit too, my running buddy says her ww leader (who is also a fitness instructer) says you should count each mile you run as 1 additional point?

x

I never knew that either about regular exercise? Surely if you were running that amount each week you would need to intake more calories to compensate?? I do a bit of running too, my running buddy's ww leader (who is also a fitness instructor) says you should count each mile as 1 AP??

x

Sorry for double post, computer is driving me loopy at the moment!!! Doing all sorts of crazy things :mad:

Back