Newbie needs advice

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Rachelina, 22 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Rachelina

Rachelina Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone, I have just joined a WW group today and have a few questions if that's ok as I have never done it before

Firstly, I have signed and paid for a monthly pass, they have given me a starter voucher I have to complete online, but it is asking for my debit card details, it doesn't say when it will take the money but I am concerned as I have already paid for the forthcoming month???

Also, how many points extra do you get for exercise? I run 40 miles a week!!!

Can you carry points over to the next day if you don't use them or do you have to have them all every day? what happens if you have a few less than you should?

Finally, can anyone give me a list of zero points food to help me along? I am currently struggling not knowing what to eat, what is classed as 'low points' etc, I am used to doing Slimming World and wanted a change (as I got sick of mullerlights!!) so any advice would help

thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Welcome to WW

Your next monthly payment will come out in a few weeks, its sooner than the 4 weeks the first month which is a pain but after that its every 4 weeks.

Exercise - hmmm dont do any so pass on that one ;)

You can carry a maximum of 4 a day over but you have to use them up by the end of the week, its great if youre planning a night out or want a 'treat night' :)

4. 13katrina

13katrina Full Member

Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Rachelina,

You don't get extra points for regular exercise - I think once you've done something for more than 2 weeks it counts as regular exercise. Bonus points are basically from anything 'extra' you do. I think it's to encourage you to move more. However, it's obviously better not to use bonus points if you can, as you will loose weight quickly.

As for free foods - most vegetables are free a long with a couple of other items - these should be listed in your book.

Also, when you sign up online with your monthly pass details, you will find some online tools - play around with these particularly the online food tracker - you can play around with food ideas, and start getting an idea for points.

Most people are posting food diaries, so take a look, as it will give you some ideas. I'm posting mine in my blog, to keep it altogether. I'm a weight watchers re-starter but have been using the system for around 10 years, so if you have any questions, just ask.

Katrina x

5. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Really? Blimey, I never knew that! Boo.

Rachelina, most veg are 0 points (not corn, peas, sweet potato, parsnips or potatoes) but I think all other veg are. I like to make 0 point stew or curry with a range of veg and a tin of tomatoes and spices etc - v handy when peckish of an evening. Sugar free jelly is also 0 points. Good luck x

6. 13katrina

13katrina Full Member

Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Zero Point Soups

Zero point soups rock. Here's the recipe for my favourite one of all. Very creamy and very tasty. Also, very nice chilled in the summer.

Serves: 6 (0 points per serving)
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cooking Time: 20 minutes
    Freezes well.

Ingredients:
    • low fat cooking spray
    • 3 medium leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
    • 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
    • 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
    • 1 litre (1 ¾ pints) hot vegetable stock
    • 300 ml (½ pint) skimmed milk
    • salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Method:

1. Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray, add the leeks, cover and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes until softened.
    2. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, leaving it slightly ajar, and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
    3. Liquidise the soup in batches and adjust the seasoning to taste.

Note: You will need a really big saucepan - I use a stock pot type sized saucepan or a large metal casserole dish suitable for the hob would be ideal.

7. calorie crusader

calorie crusader Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(17.34%)
    Diet:
    Currently following weight watchers
    I didn't realise that either about the exercise. Surely if you are running that much that week you would have to take in a few more calories?? I run a bit too, my running buddy says her ww leader (who is also a fitness instructer) says you should count each mile you run as 1 additional point?

x

8. calorie crusader

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(17.34%)
    Diet:
    I never knew that either about regular exercise? Surely if you were running that amount each week you would need to intake more calories to compensate?? I do a bit of running too, my running buddy's ww leader (who is also a fitness instructor) says you should count each mile as 1 AP??

x

9. calorie crusader

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(17.34%)
    Diet:
    Sorry for double post, computer is driving me loopy at the moment!!! Doing all sorts of crazy things :mad:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.