newbie needs help and support

moonbeams

hi everyone

firstly i'm new to sites like this and i'm not really sure what i'm doing, whether i'm blogging, threading or doing a diary!

i re joined lighter life last monday, but was told i needed to get a new health form signed as the old one had expired. as my gp doesn't support this diet, i was advised to pay 40 quid and go to superdrug. i was peeved about this as i don't see how a complete stranger had the right to sign on the dotted line for me, when they don't know me or my medical history. so i've given lighter life the bullet, ordered exante and i'm going it alone. My packs will hopefully arrive tomorrow and ill start them on Tuesday when i've run out of my ll. Has anyone else done both diets? how do they compare? is it more difficult going it alone?

I'm really nervous and have joined this site to hopefully get support and advise that i will be missing in the ll classes. So, anyone that wants to chat with me, all help will be greatfully recieved. xxx

Iv'e done both, LL a few yrs back, lost 5 stone, then put it back on again (about a stone a yr). So back on LL for a few month's lost a couple of stone, but the costs made me switch to Exante. Think you will miss being part of a group, but the savings are huge. As I have been through the counciling before, felt I could manage it alone! Weight loss has been about the same, but the soaps are much better on Exante.

Hello, i'm getting my order today too. Depending on what time it is due today I may start today otherwise it'll be tomorrow. i've never done a VLCD so this is a first for me. Seeing as we are starting at similar time we'll be able to compare results :) how much are you looking to lose?

hi everyone

firstly i'm new to sites like this and i'm not really sure what i'm doing, whether i'm blogging, threading or doing a diary!

i re joined lighter life last monday, but was told i needed to get a new health form signed as the old one had expired. as my gp doesn't support this diet, i was advised to pay 40 quid and go to superdrug. i was peeved about this as i don't see how a complete stranger had the right to sign on the dotted line for me, when they don't know me or my medical history. so i've given lighter life the bullet, ordered exante and i'm going it alone. My packs will hopefully arrive tomorrow and ill start them on Tuesday when i've run out of my ll. Has anyone else done both diets? how do they compare? is it more difficult going it alone?

I'm really nervous and have joined this site to hopefully get support and advise that i will be missing in the ll classes. So, anyone that wants to chat with me, all help will be greatfully recieved. xxx

Morning all,

Not done LL before, Hope you don't mind me asking but when you say your GP does not agree is it because he/she does not like VLCD's or for some other reason, I would hate you to be doing this if it would effect your health when one of the other solutions may be a better option than TS.

I also agree it is disgusting you were told to go to a stranger to get the form signed.

Lastly you are not alone you have the support of everyone here. I am on day 27 today and would not have got this far without the support and chats with everyone one here :)

Good luck and keep us updated.

It's ok lastslim, i'm about as fit and healthy as fit and healthy can be at my weight and on no meds. He's just a very stroppy gp that doesn't agree with vlcd's, but signed the form anyway and also charged me for it. So i was loathed to return to ask him to sign another one, especially as i'd put some weight back on.

Emmalugs, that would be brilliant, thanks. I'd like to lose 3 stone for Xmas and then another 1 and half after.

omgitsaman:- how have you been doing on exante? how long have you been on it?

It's ok lastslim, i'm about as fit and healthy as fit and healthy can be at my weight and on no meds. He's just a very stroppy gp that doesn't agree with vlcd's, but signed the form anyway and also charged me for it. So i was loathed to return to ask him to sign another one, especially as i'd put some weight back on.

Emmalugs, that would be brilliant, thanks. I'd like to lose 3 stone for Xmas and then another 1 and half after.

What a frustrating experience for you - most GPs just don't understand VLCDs. Suggest he or she looks at the NICE Guidelines on obesity, its clear that this is not a faddy diet and one which works. As long as you are healthy and fat it can do no harm, the Exante site very clearly lists all the exceptions, drugs, diseases, contraindications etc.

Spoil sports, do your own thing. That is why I love it, I am in charge.

I have been doing this since March 7 2011 and I have never felt better in my life. My blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, energy levels, aches and pains, cronky knees, backache, etc etc are all better.

So good luck,

GSQ

Well I don't blame you, welcome on board and shout if you want anything

Newbie 7th November

Hi all I am a newbie also any advice gratefully accepted looking forward to reading your posts nice to find somewhere to come for support. Iam 13st want to get to 9st if possible as I am only 5ft !inch tall.x

hi everyone

Hi, I've also just started this site and don't really know what i'm doing either!! I bet this post is wrong haha!

I am also nervous about starting, I get my pack tomorrow, Ive gone for the bundle pack and am very apprehensive about whether i like the flavours or not! It would be brilliant if we could support each other as we have started at about the same time, I have 3 stone to loose, and also my GP would not support me in my diet choice.

I did the Lloyds Pharmacy Optislim and it was horrendous - the shakes tasted like cardboard and I was verging on throwing up each sip i took!

I hope it is going well for you, good luck!

Good luck hope it goes well x drink lots of water and try and treat the shakes like medicine to make you thin and just get them down x

Hey moonbeams how is it going? It's day 3 into the diet and i've found that i cannot abide the chocolate shake and was dreading the rest but vanilla today was actually tolerable... what pack have you bought? How are you finding this diet?

I cant wait to see how ive done on Tuesday, the ladies at work and myself have got a chart on the wall to see who can loose the most to Feb! What a good incentive xx

wow, are you all doing exante?
i'm doing ok, just putting my head down and getting on with it. although i have to confess my life feels very boring at the moment :( . i've had to turn down my best friends birthday c***y tomorrow night. oh well it's not forever.
I too don't like the choc shake inparticular, but i'm loving the way my clothes are getting looser! :)
keep us posted on your way in. i always get dead giddy for everyone on weigh in days and i think it helps keep me motivated xx

Started mine 8 days ago, been 100% ts and have lost 9lb so for! My gp didn't agree either, I had to run it by him as im on medication, he said no because he doesn't think it will work and is a waste of money! I told him I appreciate his personal opinion, but I only wanted his medical advice, and he said it wouldn't effect my meds im on or my condition, so I thought, im gonna give it a go! So glad I did, never felt better and it is the only diet that I have lost weight on. I gained 5 stone through meds slowing my metabolism, and have tried everything! Sorry, rambling now ;)

wow, are you all doing exante?
i'm doing ok, just putting my head down and getting on with it. although i have to confess my life feels very boring at the moment :( . i've had to turn down my best friends birthday c***y tomorrow night. oh well it's not forever.
I too don't like the choc shake inparticular, but i'm loving the way my clothes are getting looser! :)
keep us posted on your way in. i always get dead giddy for everyone on weigh in days and i think it helps keep me motivated xx

I know how you feel moonbeams!! It will get better for us, as you say its only temporary! I'm having a vodka and zero dr pepper tonight as my partner is having takeaway and a beer and i so don't want to be that boring.. However i do feel giddy now and i havent had anything so god knows what i'l be like in an hour or two - vodka shouldn't slow down ketosis should it? There's nothing in it!!

I personally cant wait for a meal in 3 weeks when me and my partner go to Lincoln for the weekend for the Xmas market! woohoo!! Hopefully there will be that much less of me that i feel i deserve a welcome treat! xxx

Vodka won't slow don't ketosis, BUT it's really dangerous to drink too much. Because of the way our body is burning fat, alcohol has a funny effect on it. ( Can you tell I'm really not that intelligent??) It's basically like having 4 drinks to your one. Like going out on an empty stomach. My friend did LL and went for a night out on it, drinking vodka and soda. 5 drinks in, and she was on the floor and we had to decide if it was a hospital job, or just get her home to sleep it off.
I'm not a party pooper!!! Really! I just can't stand the thought of people getting poorly !

Sorry to be a downer lovie!
Xxxxx

Back