Newbie on Cambridge!

afgarf

Hi everyone, im new to the site and fairly new to dieting too! Trying to shift last bit of uni weight after putting on 2 stone. Starting weight is 11 stone, aiming to be 9.5! Day 1 of cambs diet proven difficult, felt a bit sick this eve but early night, water and powering through! Keen to meet other on cambs etc. im 22, trainee teacher and from Peterborough.

Hey, how are you getting on? I'm on day 4 of CD & am also 11 hoping to get down to 9.5. I'm starting to get in the swing of things now, start the day of with porridge, shake in the afternoon & soup at night. Working my way through the flavours! :)

Hii! Glad to meet someone with very similar goals! I am also day 4 now. Getting on ok, it has got slightly easier each day. Not a fan of the porridge tho! How are u finding it now?? Any weight loss
Andrea :)

Hello everyone. I have just started the CD today eek just had the milkshake not a big fan of strawberry but what to do lol.. How is it going for u? Are u doing any exercises? X

Hi :) cookies and cream and banana are good shakes! Im on day 5 now and it does def get better. How are you finding it? I went on a small 2 mile gentle bike ride yesterday and felt fine but couldnt have done much more. Im on step 2 tho, i know sole source doesnt recommend any exercise. What step are you on?
Andreax

Hiii...I am on SS step1 so we were told not to exercise but not sure if I should walkto work takes me 15min each way what do u think? Ooo I will deff try those shakes I only started ydai felt bit weak but ok today. What col is ur pee when in kito? Lol

Hi Andrea & SarahJane
Well, just starting day 6 now & I have noticed a difference already!! When I started on Wednesday my work uniform was a little snug, popped it on yesterday & I had room to breathe! I'm an air stewardess & did a night flight yesterday which is normally when I reach for the chocolate for energy or out of boredom. I ate my gacky porridge (app & cin is the only one I can take) before work, had a choc mint (lush!) shake on the flight out & a banana (super lush!) shake on the way home. It's been a real test on long flights but I wasn't tempted once... However the constant piddling is driving me mad! My problem has never really been food, more wine calories!!

I'm meant to be on Step2 but haven't felt like eating after my 3rd product so have been on SS1 really. I tried to do it so I had porridge for brekkie, shake for lunch & soup for dinner, but I think I'll do mainly shakes next week, mix it up a bit so I don't get bored.

As for exercise I've done my shoulder in so am out of action for a few weeks, I'd like to wait until I've lost a bit anyway so I don't feel like a flubber in the gym!!

How has your day been ladies?
Fi :)

Oh wow air steward that is amazing :) where was ur flight heading to? Yah I am doing shakes soup and porridge this week so will see how it goes.. Just a question - if this is meant to be low carb diet too the products have carbs as I checked how do you loose weight then? Thanks x

I went to Cyprus... Long!! No idea the science behind how it works hun, but 2 of my friends have done amazing on it so I know it does! Pretty much everything seems to have an amount of carb in it, maybe there's a level to keep below?

Just had the original porridge & it wasn't too bad!
Fi :)

Oh wow air steward that is amazing :) where was ur flight heading to? Yah I am doing shakes soup and porridge this week so will see how it goes.. Just a question - if this is meant to be low carb diet too the products have carbs as I checked how do you loose weight then? Thanks x

With the Cambridge Diet you are able to lose so much weight because each day your are burning more calories than you consume. Here is a really simple illustration:

Eat more calories than you burn = weight GAIN
Burn more calories than you eat = weight LOSS

The CD ensures you get enough protein to prevent losing muscle and enough carbs to provide you with the energy needed to still function. If you were on zero carbs it would make you very tired, fatigued, grumpy and unable to concentrate.

Your body burns calories completing just about every bodily function (except sleeping) that you can imagine. Even though you are not activily exercising during the CD, your body is still burning more calories than you consume each day and so you lose weight!!

Hope this helps!

Carl

Haha ditto thanks for the explanation - yes it does make sense :) ATM I haven't done any over the top exercises and I run around anyway as I work at a primary school 2hrs a day.. I am going to start some planks and sit ups to help mod section. I am on day 2 had the original porridge too.. wasnt as bad :) going to stock up on water .. I don't think u can go into kito yet?

Back