Step 1 Sole Source Newbie on day 5 - is this normal?

emdee83

Hi,

I started the diet last Thursday for the first time. I found Days 1-4 quite easy, even though I had read that they are normally the worst. No headaches or hunger. I've been mixing a shake in the morning with a little coffee and ice to make a frappacino style drink, a ready mix carton for lunch then a soup in the evening. And loads of water, at least 3 litres a day but 4 litres on some days.

I even had friends over yesterday and served them nibbles and some dinner. I found it completely fine, wasn't tempted at all and didn't eat a single thing.

Today has been a completely different story. I've felt really weak and dizzy most of the day, my tummy has been grumbling and I've had a headache. Just about to have my last shake (have ran out of soup) but couldn't face it up until now.

Is this normal? Could it be because I didn't drink as much water over the weekend? (Still more than 3 litres, but not as much as I had on Thur and Fri)

I may also be due my period, could that be making me feel like this?

I was really pleased with myself for managing to stick to it, but today has been horrible! All I could think about all day was giving up, but just kept reminding myself that I have to lose the weight somehow.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

I would blame TOTM, but then I blame that for everything. You are drinking loads of water so you can't be dehydrated. Just stick with it, if you still feel bad consider going up to 4 packs for a few days.

Hope you feel better soon.

I definitely get a rumbly grumpy tummy leading up to totm, and I am now on week 10! It's very annoying, and unfortunately you just need to ride it out sadly

Back