newbie....pcos and weighing my heaviest!

badlydrawnk

Hey all,

I was diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries when I was 16 and was put on the pill. I naturally put weight on and whilst on the pill I tried slimming world (hated it) and atkins (best result I've had). I came off the pill in 2008 to see if this was the cause and tried several prescribed weight loss pills which did not work for me.

I exercise 3-4 times a week, don't eat crisps or chips and occasionally eat chocolate. I think I may not be eating enough? I am at my wits end. Am considering g.I. diet.

Kel x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

It is possible not to eat enough and so will not lose weight.

What did your doctor say? Are you still getting the prescribed drugs?

Irene xx

My doctor was not helpful at all and just said keep exercising and eating well, which is clearly not having the slightest effect on me. I'm not in anything. Now.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Have you had your thyroid checked to see if that's a reason why you're struggling to lose weight?

Also, write a food journal for a few weeks and go back to your docs (I'd request to see another one if your doctor isn't helping you) and let him/her see what your eating and take it from there?

Hope that helps :) xxx

Hi - I have PCOS and found SW a complete waste of time for me. For some reason I just didn't suit it at all. Weight Watchers on the other hand suits me better. Don't give up and if you're not happy with your GP change to another one if you can.

I agree with the other comments hun! I would suggest you see a different person because they are clearly not helping you out at all!! Im starting out on SW as i am trying to lose weight some way or another! :)

Good luck hunni!

Back