Newbie Post!

DeniseA

Hi

I just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I'm a 35 year old mum of 2 young girls. I've never been thin as such but since my late teens my weight has just ballooned. I am ashamed to admit that I weigh 138kg and with a height of 5ft 2 I have a high BMI of over 55 and this has really come as a wake up call to me. I have never admitted that to anyone - not my family or friends! I am now in a position where I am finding things really difficult and trying to lose weight and looking into weight loss surgery as an aid to help me lose weight. Unfortunately I have been told that I don't meet the referral criteria for my NHS area so I am considering my options at present. I have started attending a Weight Management Programme through the NHS which started just yesterday but this for me was a huge step with being overweight, having depression and anxiety I didn't think I'd actually stick around for the duration of the class!

So, this is another new step for me today, joining an online forum to find others in similar situations, to hopefully find friendship, support and help and ideas during this journey.

Thanks for reading :) xx

Hi

I just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I'm a 35 year old mum of 2 young girls. I've never been thin as such but since my late teens my weight has just ballooned. I am ashamed to admit that I weigh 138kg and with a height of 5ft 2 I have a high BMI of over 55 and this has really come as a wake up call to me. I have never admitted that to anyone - not my family or friends! I am now in a position where I am finding things really difficult and trying to lose weight and looking into weight loss surgery as an aid to help me lose weight. Unfortunately I have been told that I don't meet the referral criteria for my NHS area so I am considering my options at present. I have started attending a Weight Management Programme through the NHS which started just yesterday but this for me was a huge step with being overweight, having depression and anxiety I didn't think I'd actually stick around for the duration of the class!

So, this is another new step for me today, joining an online forum to find others in similar situations, to hopefully find friendship, support and help and ideas during this journey.

Thanks for reading :) xx
Hi my name is zoe , my bmi is 55 and I'm 5"2 ft as well , 100% know where your coming from my joint are killing me and my back is constantly hurting , I just started the cambridge diet , I'm on my second day , and I'm so hungry but I know it has to be done . I was told I have to loose 13 stones it's gonna be a long journey but we can help each other through this

Back