Newbie pumped up and ready to VLCD!

LucySera

Hi! I've been a ghost member of Minimins for a little while reading up about VLCDs, and I'm finally taking the plunge with Slim And Save (plus 4 sneaky packets of Lighter Life that a friend gave me). In the past I've always been slim without effort(ohh for those days again), but an attack of gastroduodenal Crohn's disease in 2010 saw me plummet down to 7 stone. Unfortunately months of strooong steroid medication to help treat it has seen me -gain- a lot of weight, and I'm now seemingly stuck at 14 and a bit stone :( From underweight to overweight, I just want to be back in the 9 stone range haha!

Diets such as weight watchers do nothing for me, it's high protein low calorie diets that provide me with good results - unfortunately my body can't tolerate them very well, so I started thinking about VLCD shake diets which have a similar nutritional profile but seem much easier to digest. So that brings me to now: I'm armed with a mixture of premium and economy shakes with Slim and Save, as well as a few lovely sounding chocolate truffle bars, and I'm going to start tomorrow. Everyone on this board seems really supportive, and I'm hoping for some good losses :D. Here's to dropping a dress size or two by Christmas!

Hi and welcome!
I am on day 3 of slim and save and finding it going well. The slim and save products r lovely.
Good luck with your quest! Xx

Welcome! Hope the VLCD suits you. Nice to have some new members on board :)

Hi Lucy, best of luck to you! Sounds as though you have been through alot. Good luck on your journey and we will all be here with you xx

Good Luck! x

Good luck Lucy!! stick with it :)

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! So far I've had a strawberry milkshake for breakfast - felt quite naughty, it was lovely and sweet! Having a chocolate truffle bar for lunch was also really nice, I was worried it might taste really odd but it actually hit the spot really well. So far so good, and not hungry at all... I'll probably be singing another tune by tonight though :)

Well done Lucy. Keep up the good work! :) Keep us all posted on how your doing. Im exercising tonight for the first time since starting the diet im swimming so hopefully it should be ok!

Wow Lucy youve really been through the mill , makes me realise I should be thankful for my health

Really hope this works out for you , just keep posting , it really helps to know others are going through all the same things as you are

I definately think this board will be the key to sticking with the VLCD :) It's great to see everyone else's experiences (and especially their success). Didn't feel hungry at all yesterday, I'm hoping this will continue until ketosis kicks in!

If you prepared for the plan by lowering carbs and calories you will go into ketosis easier they say :)

Glad your finding it easier.... i am on day 15 today and 16lbs down so far... love it too and not hungry and actually feel really happy (unlike before)

nice to have people to do it with too :) keeps me on the straight and narrow :)

Back