Newbie Questions

Swmpey

Hi All

About 6 years ago I did the cambridge diet and wow it was the first diet after many years of trying to loose weight a diet accually work :D, well I finished it and kept the weight of for about 8 months then due to medical issues and the use of steroids to sort out the issue I balloned :mad:

Well due to recent number of months off work, 6 and counting due to a back injury, Its been advised by both a spinal surgeon and a spinal consultant that now I have his issue which isnt going away due to disc changers and a certain amount of nerve damage, the weight isnt and wont help my recovery or in the long term, as well as smoking haha:eek:

Ive decided to give this CS a go and I need some pointers in the right direction... What can I drink during the day beside the water, ie tea , coffee, juice and the idea of rejuicing the carb intake with the evening meal is it kind of limiting the meal options.....

Hi I did this diet for a little while (before I fell ill) so thought I'd reply :) I think you can still drink diet drinks that contain no citric acid in them & v. low calories like Dr Pepper Zero, Coke Zero and with the evening meals you need a 1/3 protein and the rest veg so that can be eggs, sausage (as long as its less than 10g carbs per 100g on the packet), chicken, steak, anything that is high in protein really so it can limit the meal options slightly but it does work. I know CS have a lot of recipes on their website for meal options :) xx

Thanks Emilyx

Im just having 2 shakes a day with the meal late afternoon, not really botherd about the snacks... made a salad this evening and Im getting concerned about the weights.... I mean is 550gram going over the top or is that about right

I'm not too sure really, have you signed upto myfitnesspal to track your cals chick? If it hits 600cals then its about right :) Though I would def try and have the snacks as that is how the plan works and you'll still lose weight, I lost 5lbs in 3 days and that was with the snacks :) xx

I'm starting this diet Monday 1st October.... I've heard great things about it. Xx

Back