Newbie saying hello

dpurslow

Hello there guys and gals,

I am David, I live in Haverfordwest in Pembrokeshire and I joined WW a week and a half ago.

I found this site and love it, very good information and great links.

I am 5'8 and started at a pound under 240 - or 17'1 stone

In the first week I had a bad week as I had a funeral (my family), a Wedding (I am a wedding photographer) and a Christening (my wifes friend kids) one day after each other.

Apart from that I stuck to the plan and lost 3 pounds in my first week.

This week (my weigh in day is Tuesday Mornings) I have stuck to the plan like glue however I find that I end up with about 6 - 9 points left over each day.

I count everything and weigh everything and so far am enjoying it.

My wife is on WW also (thats why I started) she has lost 1 stone already.

Anyway just saying hey, I feel the more I let the world know about this the more accountable I am to everyone !

ciao

dp

ooops it seems my facebook is not working on my website link is not showing up also.

Find me on facebook under david Purslow

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie and Posting Privileges!:welcome:

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

(How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Please read the link below as it will help you make your way around...

http://www.minimins.com/introduction...-minimins.html (New Members Guided Tour Of MiniMins!!!)

Love Mini xxx

Hi David
Welcome !!!
Well done on your 1st week loss. I f you are struggling to eat all your points try substituing some of your food for normal as opposed to low fat - it is important to eat all the points as if not there will be nothing to reduce if necessary - give it a few weeks & you will be wanting more !!! Good that you & wife are following together - such great motivation to lose & have a little competition.

I have been eating my quota in the past couple of days after lots of people told me that I needed to eat them all - its funny, I find that I feel like I am eating way too much though.

What I have noticed is that if you have one 'normal' type meal, it can seriously damage your points value for the day - need to be careful.

dp

Hello David

Welcome and good luck, I am starting tomorrow so I very much hope to have the same weight loss success as you and your wife.
It can be tough to have a job where people offer you tempting hospitality - I have to resist to (I regularly visit nursing and care homes at mealtimes!). Good Luck for your next weigh-in!

Hey guys, thanks much,

I did the NONO and jumped on the house scales today, according to my scales I am now 232 so down 8 pounds since I started - to me this the more weight I loose the more I want to stick to the program.

I dont find it too hard to say no to the things I want if I can see that by doing so will effect my weight loss - BUT - I know the week will come that I loose nothing or even gain weight for no obvious reason and that will be the testing time for me...........

As long as I see results I can see the reason to do this - I am so excited that I could be into the 220's which I have not seen in about 7 years in a couple of more weeks - and that is motovating me so much

Then its the 210's - but not expecting that till sometime in q1 next year.

dp

Wendy,

Just looking at your weight loss is fantastic and a great motivator.

You have to be so happy with how its going and the amazing results you are getting.

dp

Hey David sorry for the delay. Welcome! :D Well done on your loss so far. I hope your official WI went well. If you need anything just ask :D xxx

Hi David

Welcome to the forum! Good to see another bloke join the ranks :)

I dabble a little bit at photography although it's very much a hobby for me, and I do mostly football and some motorsports. Hoping to get a starter light kit from Santa, so I'll be bending your ear for advice :D

Keep up the good work on the weight loss and it won't be long until you see real changes in your life.

Gerry

Back