Newbie saying hello

hoopla76

Hi. I have just started w.w today and have quite a lot of weight to lose.
I am currently 278 lbs which means i have 120-140 lbs to lose as my long term goal, but my short term goal is 50 lbs by may this year as that is when i get married.
I am currently working with a personal trainer twice weekly at my gym along with two zumba , one hip-hop and one gym session weekly. I am doing w.w online but plan to start attending meetings next week.
Any tips or advice welcomed.xx

Just wanted to say welcome

Welcome! I've just joined this site but I've been doing ww for 5 weeks. Slow and steady is my new motto, it's more likely to stay off then :)
X

welcome!!! What day in May are you getting married? I got married last year in May, on the 14th! I hope you can get to the 50 lbs you want to lose and your exercise regime sounds really good, so I'm sure you won't have flaccid bits showing off your wedding dress, which is brilliant. You will be a WONDERFUL bride you will see :)

As for suggestions... FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS did I mention FOCUS? Think of your wedding when you pick up something naughty, think of it again an consider if putting it in your mouth or not.

Eat whole, healthy, hearty food, possibly try to cook it yourself from scratch. It's not hard even if you cook coming back home from work, there are a lot of simple recipes that are very tasty but light. I have recently started cooking my meals from scratch and have very little processed food and although this week I had a 4 course meal on Tuesday I weighted in at my meeting on Wednesday morning and I had lost 1 lb!!! :eek:

Don't demonise fat: it's very important to have the *right* fat intake, try to have nuts, oily fishes, eggs, avocado... avoid SATURATED fat and TRANS fat, that sit on your hips and don't let go LOL.

Demonise SUGAR. Sugar is your enemy... watch out for products that call themselves "fat free" and then are full of sugar to keep the taste nice: this is for almost all 0% yogurts, including activia... the best one to have is Fage Total 0%, the only one with no added sugar. I normally have it with half a banana crushed into it and left to rest overnight in the fridge. It's lovely, velvety, and the banana gives it that sugary taste without any additional rubbish. 100g of Fage with half a banana mashed in it is only 1pp or it's free in F&H.

Have wholegrains. They are massively important as they keep you fuller for longer

Have blackberries and blueberries. one 150g box of blackberries contains over 8g of fibres, more than a bowl of allbran!

Stay here on miniminis and use and abuse of the more experienced people here who can give you precious suggestions :)

Don't stress too much. Even if instead than losing 50lbs by May you were losing 45 it would still be a great result. Focus more on the cms than on the numbers on the scales!

xxx good luck!!!

Back