Newbie - start today

gillyb74

Hi eeveryone
starting slim and save today. Never done a vlcd before, but found s+s online and looked a better option than Cambridge. I have 3 stones to loose. I have read that the first 3 days can be tough - any tips from you guys would be helpful. I'm doing the 4 pack a day as want to take food out of the equation for now
x

Hello and welcome

I planned for the first few days to be awful, got little treats for myself - nice bath bombs, downloaded some more books, planned a nice tv schedule - so I was occupied and wouldn't miss the old routine too much. I don't know whether this really helped, or whether I didn't get it so bad, or indeed whether I just felt so shocking before starting that I barely noticed anything any worse in those few days! I do think though, planning is the key - and do measure yourself now, you will be astonished how many inches you'll be saying goodbye to. I measured last night for the first time since starting (6 weeks) and I've lost 9 inches from my waist already - shocking!

I started a blog too, to get everything out of my head really, I'm an emotional eater (and a bored eater, and a hormonal eater, and the list continues.... :)) - I found that really helped, like my own bit of therapy, and it's great to read back on even now.

pretty much the same as what noodles has said. make sure you have lots of things to keep you occupied, stock up on books and magazines, plan little treats for yourself and make sure you have paracetamol nearby.

i also find that its much easier to be focussed on the goal on a vlcd. i know that what im doing isnt forever, and the results can be pretty fast. whenever i crave something, i just think 'its only until the <....> and i know i can defo hold out until then. keep reading this forum too, how well people do really spurs you on. plus once you start getting your first few losses, you'll be even more motivated to fight through the first couple of days.

Day 3, the day before I went into ketosis was awful- I was cold hungry, headachy etc. I found using my veg allowance on that day (I had planned not to) really helped bulk out the meals and made me feel full. I also left the house, went for a walk etc. Good luck.

Hey Gilly, how did your first day go? I found having lots of nice, allowed drinks in the house helps too - a glass of sparkling water with ice in the evening can feel like a real treat ;)

I have to agree with what everyone else is saying just keep your mind busy whether that is working, watching tv, reading books. And just remember if you get a food craving it will go away. I seem to always have food cravings round about 6pm-9pm every night and I sit there desperate for for food and I tell myself it wont last and I just loads of water, by Midnight I feel so much better (despite running to the loo every 5 mins lol) and the cravings are gone. I have learnt that cravings don't last forever they just come and go and I just focus on them leaving

Back