Newbie - started today

fattyfoxy

hello all

I've started s&s today! I've just had the oatmeal thinking it would be the same as my usual porridge! i really had to work hard to keep it down! it didn't taste particularly bad but for some reason it made me feel a bit sick?!

Wish me luck on my first day and fingers crossed I don't get the same reaction to lunch!:eek:

Hi there, oh good luck with your first day, I only started on Monday myself so its my third day today, its tough going to start with but when you get into ketosis people say it gets alot easier. I have to admit my second day yesterday was tough but I'm determined to stick with it. It is difficult getting used to the meal packets, I am such a fussy so and so and so other than the one bar a day I am mostly sticking to shakes but I am sure we can do it if we remain positive. I have been overwhelmed by the support I have already received on here so I am sure you will find this board useful, its so good to talk with others who are facing similar issues. I look forward to seeing how you get on, fab to meet other newbies, Em x

Good luck, I'm sure you'll find some packs you enjoy and quite a few people will add little bits of allowed additions to them to make them nicer.

Good luck its my first day too although my pack isn't arriving until 2pmish lol so I need to wait til then to try first pack, drinking tons of water to keep me going

Try making them with more or less water than is recommended - sometimes I like my oatmeal quite stodgy, sometimes almost like a sweet soup! It tastes totally different with different amounts in it.

And welcome :)

Welcome. I had oatmeal for the first time today and I was heaving whilst eating it. I did not enjoy it at all. But it's the first one (apart for sweet porridge) that I absolutely hated. So that's good :)

Had a banana shake for lunch which was quite nice, bit of floral aftertaste :confused: but that could just be me! I think I am probably taste testing the sachets more than I would with real food! I usually eat food so quickly that I virtually inhale it, therefore probably don't taste it at all! Anyway, so far so good. Struggling a bit with getting all that water down me but think I may swap my massive 1.5 litre bottle for smaller ones and it might not look so much.

Thanks for the welcome, I really hope this works for me. I have lost a stone recently with SW but that has slowed right down and my motivation has stalled with it. I have another 2 stone or so to lose now and want to keep it off once and for all. I'm a bit scared about the whole re-feeding side of things and not putting it all back on again and some (which is what I usually do!). I have a bit of a way to go before I get to that stage though, so will concentrate my efforts on getting through the next few days :D

I have recently got to week 8 (out of 9) of the Couch to 5K NHS running podcast. I have seen on here and other websites that maybe it's not such a good idea to do strenuous exercise on a VLCD but I am loathe to stop it now as I know that I just won't bother doing it again (don't need much of an excuse to give it up!). Has anyone else managed to keep up a running (well okay plodding :D) regime whilst on S&S or similar?

Once again thanks for the welcome and I'll keep you updated with what happens!

I have recently got to week 8 (out of 9) of the Couch to 5K NHS running podcast. I have seen on here and other websites that maybe it's not such a good idea to do strenuous exercise on a VLCD but I am loathe to stop it now as I know that I just won't bother doing it again (don't need much of an excuse to give it up!). Has anyone else managed to keep up a running (well okay plodding :D) regime whilst on S&S or similar?

Once again thanks for the welcome and I'll keep you updated with what happens!
New S&S booklet says jogging/running is fine.

Hmmm tried my run last night and only managed half of it?!! I felt a bit wobbly yesterday and grumpy this morning? Maybe it's all in the mind?

On the plus side chilli last night was actually quite good put too much water in (misread packet somehow?) added some courgette and mushrooms and was filling. Also had a lemon yoghurt bar yesterday, again quite tasty. Having to slow myself down eating as there isn't that much of it!

X

the first number of days are rough, you may need to watch what exercise you do in the first three or so days just to give your body time to adjust to the new diet, I know day 1 I was ok but day 2 and yesterday which was day 3 were really hard going, I was colder than usual, shaky, headaches and felt irritable as hell but today day 4 I feel better so I'm hoping I've got through the worst of it now. I don't run like you do but I do mega long dog walks over my local moors, I have a collie dog who is like a personal ruddy trainer! but whilst I was ok on day 1 doing them, I found that on day 2 and 3 doing the same walks as I would usually do were harder going and I def felt wobbly like you said, today though I am feeling more energetic again so hoping I can cope with todays walks much better.

I so agree re eating slower, I have always been a fast eater and so I'm having to learn to take smaller bites of say the bars and really taste the food, I think this will get easier in time for us, but be proud of yourself as you are staying on track and its not easy. Em x

hi Em

yes day 2 is being a bit of a struggle! I'm trying not to weigh myself for a whole 7 days, I usually weigh myself daily but I fear if I don't see a loss I will give up. Hope my energy returns like yours!

Mx

Hi, I've just started today, first day going well but I'm expecting it to get a lot harder, I had the mild curry for my dinner and I actually thought it was nice, I had it on top of cauli and broccoli, I made my choc shake with hot water so it was just like hot chocolate and I enjoyed that too, good luck and keep up the good work x

Ooh I had curry sachet for dinner too.
I made it up with about. 200ml of water and added 100g of spinach and 100g of courgettes, was actually really nice.

Good luck to you too x

Curry sounds nice with spinach and courgettes think I will have to give that a go, I found with the hot choc I had to use a hand blender to get the lumps out, I also like to cut my bars up ( chocolate ones) into small pieces and freeze them that way they last longer and go great with a p of coffee xx

Got through yesterday and even ordered more packets! However this morning I did what I promised I wouldn't.....I weighed myself!! I've lost 1lb. I know I have 5 days to go to lose some more, I know that i have a relatively small amount of 2 stone to lose in total and therefore my loses will be smaller. But, I'm greedy and wanted more to show for the suffering of the past 2 days haha!!

Since having my first child 12 years ago, I have struggled to get these last few stones off. I've hated having my photos taken, summers, haven't taken my kids swimming, constantly watched what I eat to then think bugger it and scoff bread and haribos!! I've had enough now, I just want to be comfortable in my skin but fear this is me and I have to accept it! Sorry for the moan, it must be the lack of calories

I'm feeling moany today too :) don't worry that it's just a pound, that's a pound you won't see again give it the full week then weigh again.

If you didn't start when you did you could easily be a couple of pounds heavier so be glad that you're doing this!! :)

Keep it up!!

Congrats on getting through day 2, its a tough one, don't get hung up too much on how much you have or haven't lost already, you will be fine, everyone is different and it depends on so many things like a persons start weight, whether you are coming to the S&S diet from say eating loads or coming to it after you already have been dieting or for women their time of the month etc, so many things, so please don't let it put you off. Its never easy sticking to such a tough diet and you are doing it so be proud of yourself! Em x

Back