Newbie- starting exante

kitcatx

Hello!

So, im new to this site and new to exante! I read a few threads and was really impressed how supportive everyone is here. I have alot of weight to lose (around 8 stone) ive tried lots different diets but have always failed from eating too much or too little and have got confused. After reading a few posts ive decided exantie is for me! :D cant go wrong really, its already set out for me. (well it can go wrong if I have a massive binge, but i'll try not to do that!)

Hopefully my pack will arrive tuesday and I can start then :D im really excited about starting but im worried about a few things. Are the packs filling at all? ive decided to go with total solution and was wondering how people find it not eating at all and how they deal with hunger pangs?
also are there any side effects? ive read the exantie website but would like to hear from people who are on it or who have done it.
I saw that black coffee is allowed, is any other drinks? how about herbal teas ect?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

cat xx

oh p.s ive heard alot of people talk about ketone strips, how are people getting on with these? are they worth investing in?

hi cat, I've not started yet but my pack is on it's way. From what I've been told you suffer for the first week then once your in ketosis you wont feel as hungry. Apparently you'll know when this happens so you don't need the strips. Some people seem to add things to the packs such as coffee, peppermint tea, tabasco sauce, pepper etc to make them taste nicer -keep looking on here for new ideas. Also people have said that sometimes having the shakes hot can make them taste different. As far as I know you need to stay away from citric acid in drinks. There's a sticky called Exante FAQs that's got loads of info. Some people say they get constipated, others the opposite, some get clearer skin or oilier.
Good luck & hopefully some of the lovely people on here who've been on it longer can tell you more xo

hi cat, I've not started yet but my pack is on it's way. From what I've been told you suffer for the first week then once your in ketosis you wont feel as hungry. Apparently you'll know when this happens so you don't need the strips. Some people seem to add things to the packs such as coffee, peppermint tea, tabasco sauce, pepper etc to make them taste nicer -keep looking on here for new ideas. Also people have said that sometimes having the shakes hot can make them taste different. As far as I know you need to stay away from citric acid in drinks. There's a sticky called Exante FAQs that's got loads of info. Some people say they get constipated, others the opposite, some get clearer skin or oilier.
Good luck & hopefully some of the lovely people on here who've been on it longer can tell you more xo

Brilliant. Thanks. wow ketosis sounds good! i wasnt sure what it was so just had to google it.
So coffee is allowed? I take it it has to be black? i'll check out the FAQS good luck with the start of your exante journey :)

Yes you can have black coffee you can also add coffee to your shakes. You can drink zero coke and zero dr peppers or asda own brand diet coke.

Good luck starting exante.
I will be starting week 4 tomorrow and the time has flown by! I dont feel hungry at all which is great.

Yep black tea, black coffee, green tea, peppermint tea, dr pepper zero, coke zero, tesco strawberry still water, tesco high juice and asda own brand diet coke are 'allowed' Just not in big amounts I would imagine, just as a treat like you said.
It's things with citric acid that are no-no's but ones with just malic acid in are ok.

You can also pep up the packs by using tablet sweeteners, nutmeg and cinnamon in the shakes.
Try the shakes hot.
Or hot with a spoonful of coffee.
Or cold with a spoonful of coffee (my fave)

You can add salt, pepper, tobasco, herbs and spices to the soups.

Hope that helps. x

could some explain this diet to me thanks

could some explain this diet to me thanks

I'm no expert, only started but here's what I know -
you have 3 meal replacements, bar, soup or shake (1 bar only per day). Drink 2-4 litres of water. Most people seem to have really good weight loss on it. It works by restricting your calories to put you in ketosis so your body burns more calories than it eats. Hope this helps a bit. There's a sticky call Exante FAQS thats VERY good to read xo

Back