Newbie to CC

takemedrunkimhome

Good Afternoon Ladies

I have been a part of the forum for a good while now but been on the SW side.

I have been doing SW since September 2010 and have lost 2 stone 10 lbs so have done not to badly.

The last three months (ish) I have gained weight lost it gained it lost it etc and have really got to the point where I have had enough of worrying about only having 1 a choice and one B!!!!!

So am giving CC a go. I read the post about working out your BMR and registered on my fitness pal.

I would REALLY like to know how many calories all of you are eating in an average day? The last couple of days I have been aiming for 1200 as per myfitnesspal but everybody I have spoken to thinks that 1200 is very low. I am looking for fairly big results in a short period of time.

My weigh in day is going to be a Sunday morning.

Hiya :)

I'm on 1490 now to lose 1lb a week. Was on 1240 to lose 1.5lbs easily for ages, but recently it hasn't been enough for me. Try it out and see how it works for you :)

Good luck with mfp. You will love it :) I have 1600cals a day but when I was trying to lose weight I stuck to 1450cals and I always ate my exercise calories :) x

Netting 1200 is a piece of p*ss as long as you exercise and eat back your exercise calories.
To only EAT 1200 and also exercise would be too, too low, but follow calorie counting the way MFP intends you to, and netting 1200 becomes a way of life - and great incentive to get moving!
You think nothing was forbidden on SW? Just wait until you get into CCing!
My top tips for CCing is MFP and the MFP app, and a Heart Rate Monitor.
Welcome to slimville!

iwillsoonbeslim said:
Netting 1200 is a piece of p*ss as long as you exercise and eat back your exercise calories.
To only EAT 1200 and also exercise would be too, too low, but follow calorie counting the way MFP intends you to, and netting 1200 becomes a way of life - and great incentive to get moving!
Welcome to slimville!

Totally agree! Heart rate monitor and mfp are all you need (and a sports bra!!)

Welcome to slimville!

Thanks guys,

just a couple of questions. Do you always eat the calories you burn when doing extra exercise ???? I burned 414 in the treadmill last night but haven't eaten of that should I?

Also according to MFP 30minutes on 5mph waling would burn 414 that does seem like a lot of calories I have burned. Is that the reason for a heart rate monitor? So I can see how much calories I have burned?

Do you have a specific brand and make that you use that are the best?

Thanks in advance.

Scottish Bride said:
Thanks guys,

just a couple of questions. Do you always eat the calories you burn when doing extra exercise ???? I burned 414 in the treadmill last night but haven't eaten of that should I?

Also according to MFP 30minutes on 5mph waling would burn 414 that does seem like a lot of calories I have burned. Is that the reason for a heart rate monitor? So I can see how much calories I have burned?

Do you have a specific brand and make that you use that are the best?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Hun,
I like eating so I eat my exercise calories but I make sure they are accurate with a hrm. You can get a polar one for about £50 on amazon :)

414 cal sounds about right it is far easier to eat calories than it is to burn them. If you want to go for the maximum try a few gym classes, step airobics is probably the best because you can burn up to around 600 cals an hour is you have your step over 8inch off the ground.

If your more in to your walking, outdoor walking is more beneficial as you have hills and such like to contend with and providing the weather is nice its alot more interesting than plodding along on a treadmill, but then again you can watch emerdale on a treadmill lol.

I try to eat my cals back as I'm a pig :)

Malibu xx

Good Morning Ladies,

8lbs off this week :eek:

I did have a very sore tummy bug yesterday and feeling very squeamish today so can't take full credit for 8lbs but am still very pleased with my self :D

Scottish Bride said:
Good Morning Ladies,

8lbs off this week :eek:

I did have a very sore tummy bug yesterday and feeling very squeamish today so can't take full credit for 8lbs but am still very pleased with my self :D

Amazing loss! Well done honey! X

Brilliant! Well done!

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days, but you're clearly getting on perfectly!
Keep up the good work!
xxx

Hey Guys,

I haven't been posting on my diary to much the last few days have been logging it on mfp on my phone instead finding it so handy!

Anyway my weigh in day was a Sunday morning but I was really struggling to stick to 1200 yesterday Christmassy stuff and was feeling as bit lazy for exercise, So weighed my self this morning.

I have lost 1.2 lbs this week. I am a tiny bit disappointed but I lost so much last week that I guess I can't get huge numbers every week :) and on the bright side I did loose 9lbs in 2 weeks which is awesome!!!!!!

That's brilliant! well done :)

Good Evening Ladies,

So Christmas Day oh ho ho ho ho :D

Home made Scottish pancake for breakfast.

Lunch Well what didn't I eat :)

Then felt bloated and uncomfortable all day :( But then what is Christmas for if not to feel uncomfortable from eating to much lol.

Today I have been mostly on track just done half an hour on the treadmill :clap:

My other half took the tub of Roses to work with him this morning so it isn't here to tempt me! although yesterday when I opened them I ate 3 or 4 and actually really didn't enjoy them at all.

I think I will weigh my self tomorrow so I have an accurate starting weight for this week iyswim? I could just have my weigh in day on a Tuesday from now on instead of a Sunday.

Back