Step 1 Sole Source Newbie to CD, almost 4 stone to lose...

naivara

It's my first day of SS on the CD and it's been hard. I have had to get my SO to talk me out of giving into my cravings for chocolate and pizza, otherwise I would have given in already. I am weak but I will get stronger!

I have just bought a water infuser bottle so I can keep my water levels up to at least 2.5L as recommended and it's made me positive I can do this.

My milkshake (vanilla) was soo rich this morning that I had to drink it really slowly and that helped I think. I quite liked the chicken and mushroom soup for lunch and now preparing my chicken tikka rice. Small portions but so far have felt more than they look as they are so rich. Trying to space them out and eat slowly to survive.

Wish me luck for the next day.

Hello! Just finished Day 2 - we can be Minimins CWP buddies!

I found that last night I was out like a light really early, completely wiped out. But today hasn't been so bad at all. Feeling a bit hungry but I'm on 4 packs not 3 so I think that might have helped.

How was the tikka? That's in my box ready to try over the weekend. I also really liked the chicken soup. I'll definitely get more of that next week!

Day 2 - I was ok yesterday with a really yummy Chocolate Mint milkshake in the morning followed by the tomato soup which was ok, then to finish off with the spaghetti bolognese flavour meal which was ok as well. I had a quite quiet day so not many distractions unlike today day 3.

Day 3 - Today I had to smell my SO cooking sausages for breakfast in delicious ciabatta bread rolls. One of my favourite breakfast meals. Then went to a family bbq with my chicken tikka meal. My new diet didn't go down that well with family but I stayed strong even though there was plenty of cake including a home made white chocolate cheesecake. Sorry for writing about all this food. I've been really struggling but have too much pride to give in especially in front of family who are a bit sceptical I can do this.

I have been drinking so much water infused with fruit (lemons, blackberries and oranges), as well as jasmine green tea which is helping me loads during my cravings.
Anyone else doing this when you get hungry or feel weak? Hoping it'll get better after 2 more days.

Water is the way forward! I guzzle sparkling water when I feel that hungry feeling works really well . Just make sure there is no citric acid it can kick you out of ketosis and make things twice as tough! So that fruit is definitely not going to help get rid of cravings and hunger I'm afraid :-(. The mixed berry water flavouring is lush and mixed in with sparkling water and ice cubes with a sprig of mint on top feels very luxurious.

Honestly it will get easier. My second week was where I really struggled. Hungry constantly and under the weather. But once I got past it, I rarely feel hungry at all now. It's more of an emotional craving.

Well done on surviving family and the Bbq. They don't always understand the diet and love to jump to the it's unhealthy conclusion. But give it time, when they see how happy it makes you and healthy they will leave you alone. At the end of the day it's your body and choice!

Nadia x

Back