Newbie to LL and could do with some inspiration ❤️

danicoco

Evening all ! Started lighter life on a whim 12th Aug , have stuck to it and had 4 of their products a day plus black coffee or water . Start weight 238lbs and and a few days ago I was 18lb down - I’m getting divorced and desperate to get the weight off but have just come on and caved and had some toast and butter - I’m missing real food 😞 can you tell me your success stories please - how long you were on it and what kept you on track etc ,would it hurt to have a cheat day once a week or have weekends off and do keto - I’m close to falling off the wagon today bloody hormones !
I’d like to be 140/150lbs ! Which means loosing 70lbs xxx

I do not have a success story to share per say, yet, but I can say I understand your battle with cravings! I want ice cream, nachos with extra cheese and meat, and biscuits with lots of gravy... I've only been on my journey for a few weeks, but I find that talking about what I'm feeling, and sharing it makes it easier not to cave! I think you should allow yourself to have a "cheat day", but you can make it a small cheat day by planning. Go to a local restaurant that offers a low calorie option like an under 600 menu section. Where I live the local steak houses have small steaks (6-8oz), that you can have with steamed or seasonal veggies, and a small house salad with light dressing.

You get the feel of cheating, but you are not really cheating. I plan to get some super hot hotwings this weekend myself because I like really hot food and I'm going to have some veggies with them (once my mouth cools off probably, cause I'm going for the HOT stuff).

Keep posting here, there are lots of people that want to succeed and want you to succeed too! We can do it together!

Ah thanks for your response - I’m out for dinner this weekend so will have fish & vegetables plus a lot of Prosecco 😅 I just did a lighter life haul and got loads reduced saving a massive £90!

I love having fish but where I am it is mostly breaded catfish or some cheaply made white fish. Growing up I had great access to fresh pacific salmon, and I miss having fresh ocean fish. I’m thinking of getting a fishing license, but it is too hot for me to spend lots of time outside still.

Hey 👋 no I haven’t got a mentor and have come off Facebook for now . That’s good to hear ! Are you doing the tdr x 3 and mrp x 1? I’m doing mrp x 4 most days I think that’s the only way I can stick to it because it’s the products I like - ie : banana porridge , peanut choc bar for lunch , noodle for dinner and a salted caramel bar after x

Definitely stick with what you like! My journey started with 3 weeks of doing the same meal 5day meal in a box kit(breakfast/lunch/dinner) and one of the breakfast items was a cherry almond bar and I don’t like most things flavored that way. When it came time to shop for week 4 I stood in the isle looking at the kit for almost 10min while glancing around at other stuff then decided to go low-carb cause I just couldn’t bring myself to do another cherry almond bar. bleh. Three was bad enough!

I am still going on my journey and I am much happier cause i am happier eating low-carb with healthier and more flavorful foods. How good are you in the kitchen? If you like cooking, or even if you don’t, there might be alternatives you can make that would be fast and easy and taste great too!

I don't do LL my eating plan is slimming world. But there are many programmes you can follow if you are struggling. I am 11 months in to my journey and I have lost 5 stone. Still have a way to go but enjoying the new way of eating. I get to eat all the meals I like from roast, curries, full English breakfast and bolognaise to name a few just by a few tweaks. Initially I felt overwhelmed by planning that I had my HexA (calcium rich foods) and HexB(fibre rich food) Then counting my syns. (a system used to track more sugar and fat ladened food). The programme has trained me to eat healthly and eat in moderation those naughtier food . It took me a couple of weeks to get into the swing of things but now it is second nature. Today having a jacket potato with cheese and a salad for lunch. For tea a pizza made with a wrap really morrish lol followed by a fresh fruit salad. Yesterday for dinner I had veg, braised brisket and new potatoes. Picture below

Attachments

• 20210920_190211.jpg
    20210920_190211.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
Hello
im a returner. I did Lighter life and it worked really well some years back. I lost 3.5 stone and it changed so many things for the better for me. Now I’m back as a number of years on the weight is back on and I need to get out of for my physical and mental health. I know it works and The forums on here helped me so much the last time round so cheers to having an even better experience of LL this time

I’m just looking at my signature which has my old stats.
that is a shocker. I had forgotten how much I weighed Last time round.

Back