Newbie to slimfast

Hi Kes
Thanks for that I think I might get some Alli tomorrow from chemist. I am on day three and I have to say I think I am doing really well. I seem to be over the psychological cravings too which is good (although I get the odd twinge) and I seem much more able to say 'no, you can do it' before giving in, so that must be good. I am not managing to drink 8 glasses of water yet but I am probably on 3 - 4 which i know is a bit crap but this is someone who probably had less than that in a month! The girls at work went to the chippy yest and I stuck to my shake. The weekend will be the biggy as that is usually when I have a takeaway!
Had fish for three nights a bit bored of that now. Is pasta good or too stodgy?

Hi

well done on resisting the chips! I am finding i'm thinking through snacking a lot more i.e. am i really hungry or just bored, tired etc.

White pasta better than chips but is treated like sugar by your body but wholewheat pasta is good for you. It tastes lovely but just be careful of your portion size..less than half a mug full is a portion for an adult.

Hi
Thanks.
Just replied to you on another thread!! about weighing in!
Think I'll have a ready meal tomorrow with steamed veg, something quick and easy that might help to resist the Friday night temptation of a takeaway! Been going Tesco every night on way home from work to make sure I have the right tea. Need to plan my weekly shopping better! What you having tomorrow?!

thai pork stir fry hopefully... have frozen stir fry veg in freezer.. pork is defrosting,, boil in the bag brown rice ....some thai paste and fat free natural yoghurt to give it some moisture :) I need to find something to fill my evenings more though..i'm finding the day time fairly ok but the evenings are long and i'm so used to eating my way through them! Also the weekend coming up so no work as a diversion but i am determined to keep going.

Yes we can do it!! The weekend is tough for me too!
I find I have the most water in the evenings as I try to resist temptations so drink instead. Or an apple!
I am going to plan well for Sat and Sun so I don't grab something. To be honest though I do seem to be gaining strength each day! I just hope I don't get let down by the scales:cry::)

I'm on gallons of water and living on FB at the moment. Timing of snow is worse cos i had planned to start some evening fitness classes this week but they've all been cancelled! I'm being motivated by the fact i'm meeting up with a very old flame at end of month and want to feel as good as i can when i do.. everytime i think of food i think of that :0)

Brill that sounds like a good motivator! I actually jogged in the snow last night, got to do three times a week and signing up for a 10km run in April. That is a big challenge for me it took me all my effort to do the race for life last year (5km) in May and haven't done any jogging any at all since then other than this week.

It's not Run Ireland you've signed up for is it?

No its one in Derby England (the midlands). Wanted to do it last year but didn't think I would so attempting this time.

I've signed up for the Run Ireland 10K in April too so we'll be "training" together :) I've never run outdoors before - got into running on the treadmill a few years ago in the gym but couldn't run for a bus now. if i survive the 10K and like it i've promised a friend in Norwich who runs that i'll consider the great southern run for September. Have you run / jogged before?

what a coincidence! We can defo spur each other on! I did a 5km last May but did nothing before and nothing since. Jogged round the block Monday and managed 30 mins last night (very slow). I got a training plan off runners world website that gives a plan for absolute beginners to be jogging 30 mins in about 8 weeks. I missed a few weeks and managed to do 15mins jog - 1 min walk - 15 mins jog. Supposed to cut out the walk after a week or so.

i got one off takingtothestreets.org that you put in date of your run and it gives you a whole plan.. looks a lot more gradual than your one though

Shall try that site too and compare. Its just trying to get out in the cold although you feel great after you have done it. Is the snow bad for you?

Yup .. we've had it since day before xmas eve but you could kind of get out and about a bit until a week ago and since then most of roads have been treacherous so can't get to my gym. Pavements are full of compacted ice, went out for a walk the other day and spent most of time hanging onto walls, trees etc :-(

oh no! we haven't had it that bad! Just the odd heavey fall. Set to get some at weekend :eek:

Back