Extra Easy Newbie to SW

alit1067

I there! So I'm new to SW and just completed my first week! Got weighed but only 0.5lb weight loss! Not feeling such a happy bunny but at the same time have been rather unwell this week, having to take many painkillers and it was my time of the month too!
Am loving all the free foods, but I don't eat any fruit or salad, which I know is a bad thing but am loving snacking on raw carrots!!!
Does anyone else have a bad week at their time of the month? Cuz I feel so down about my weight loss but my friends keep telling me it's a loss and I should be happy! But I'm really not!!
I need help!! And my mates are doing well and I feel like a spare part at group with them!!

its one week i had weeks i thought i had done it 100 percent and lost one pound to be followed by an 8 pounder ,,,i had big and small averaged a stien a month ...if you lose 2pound a week you wuld be happy stik with it for a few weeks and average it...also if i remember right you cant win sotw first week so maybe you will get it next week

Are you doing extra easy? If so then you need to have 1/3 superfree (fruit,veg,salad) with every meal for it to work x

Something I've learnt today from looking all around this forum is that it doesnt matter how it comes off if you stick to it will get you to where you want to be.. one lady I saw today was losing 1/2 a pound a week (not even visible on most home scales) and she lost 3 stone that way! I lost 6lbs in first week, got excited but then only lost 1 lb 2nd week and maintained/sts on 3rd week.. I was getting despondant too untill I saw everyones different rates.. remember what they say at SW sometimes we can the scenic route! you are doing well, you are ON PLAN, keep going you'll get there.

I know that feeling, i have experienced the same thing this week, i couldn't stop snacking Tuesday and raded my daughter chocolate box and ended up eating 21 syns worth! but I'm back on track now. Try to stay positive I love scenic route description, thats deffinately me, remember its a healthy eating plan not a diet, its going to change the way you eat and deal with food for life. take it one day at a time, wait and see what the scales say over a month and it will average out. you can do it. x

In my 2nd week at SW i gained 1lb! I was gutted and all ready to jack it in but my husband said I should do at least 6 weeks and look over the long term whether i am losing weight or not, week by week isn't necessarily entirely accurate as there are other factors involved especially if it was your TOTM (they call it star week at SW, i got told off for calling it my period last week, hahahaha)

it is dishearteneing but keep going, give it 6 weeks and then see how much you have lost in that time, i do think you'll be pleased with it overall. (i have lost 7lb in 4 weeks now with that blip in the middle so I am gad I kept going!)

Hi, I too do not like fruit or salad,but I do like vegetables. I love snacking on raw carrots too x I have not had a problem with my weight loss because of it . Good luck on your journey , youll do great.

I there! So I'm new to SW and just completed my first week! Got weighed but only 0.5lb weight loss! Not feeling such a happy bunny but at the same time have been rather unwell this week, having to take many painkillers and it was my time of the month too!
Am loving all the free foods, but I don't eat any fruit or salad, which I know is a bad thing but am loving snacking on raw carrots!!!
Does anyone else have a bad week at their time of the month? Cuz I feel so down about my weight loss but my friends keep telling me it's a loss and I should be happy! But I'm really not!!
I need help!! And my mates are doing well and I feel like a spare part at group with them!!
Hey dont worry, I only lost 1/2 a lb my first week and I was gutted but I lost 8lb the next week! :D One week means nothing and it could well be your TOTM, or just water or food still inside you. You cant really base it on your weekly WI's, youre better off looking at what you lose over a month or more. Youll be fine! x :)

It's funny as in my first week when I did really well it was my star week! but when it started to get challenging I swear it was my PremenSTARal week... I think we should have that as a new term.. there are only 2 weeks when its all fine and dandy lol so yes look at the total for the month rather than week by week.. success is not a straight line in all areas of life:)

Thanks guys! You have all really cheered me up!! So far this week I'm feeling a lot better and not having to take loads of pain killers! I've had a bit of a naughty weekend but I am so one it!
I've paid for 6 weeks and will see how it goes! But even with my naughty booze weekend, and BBQ for dinner two nights! (meat and raw carrots) I am feeling so bloody good!!!
Will let you all know I've done on thursday night!
Good luck to all of you!!!

So after a week of following the extra easy plan, a long weekend away in the caravan with a few too many cans and not a lot of time to do a work out! I lost 5lbs and was the slimmer of the week!!! I feel on top form now!! Still not all that well but the doctors are trying to sort that!
So this week I must keep a food diary and get at least one workout in! Plan to loose 2lb next week!! Fingers crossed!! Thank you all again for you're support!! Hope that you all had a good week!!
Alison, xoxo

Back