1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Newbie to SW

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Ali butcher, 8 January 2014 Social URL.

1. Ali butcher

Ali butcher Well-Known Member

Hi all, I am new to slimming world started the beginning of this week. I would welcome any advice from you to keep me motivated etc.... I am finding it a little daunting but do feel this is the right one for me as I enjoy my food and seem to be eating plenty :). The only thing I am struggling with at the mo is understanding the syncs side of SW.

Any support is welcomed:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Rhianny2244

Rhianny2244 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome! I have done SW online in the past but am joining my first class tonight. I think a good way of staying motivated is to keep a food diary and make sure you keep note of any little victories you have each day. I always feel good when I look back over the weeks and see how far I have come!
    Best of luck with your journey!
    xxx

4. Nanny Doreen

Nanny Doreen Well-Known Member

Hi Welcome to SW

One idea is to put on here your food each day. I am sure someone will ley you know if you are going wrong.
    Have a look at other diaries and see how to set it out i.e

What your healthy extras are and how much.
    What you have for breakfast lunch & dinner, also any snacks. Also any syns you use.

Don`t worry about how much if you overdo it any day, just put it down, a bit like someone checking on you,

I had 41 syns the other day, guesstimated, but I felt better for putting it down.

Give it a try Ali and see how it goes. Now have ans you it will come up in my list of threads so I can look again.

Just remember 1/3 superfree wth or just after all meals

Good luck

5. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Write a weekly menu of meals that you will be having, only buy ingredients for these meals (this stops you buying rubbish!)
    Keep a food diary for future reference, I still do one after over 2 years!
    If you have a bad week, forget it! that's life....We have all had a bad week, draw a line under it and carry on and finely Good Luck!
    Pete

6. Ali butcher

Ali butcher Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the advice I will start a food diary...I think that will help to see if I am getting to grips with SW. I haven't started a SW group yet. I think this will help me on my way of understanding the green and red days and the easy option one. I am finding all this a little confusing if I am honest and all the measuring etc...I am positive this is the healthy eating plan for me :). It's nice to be able to talk so such friendly people that understand how I feel.