newbie to xenical was on lighter life

hi there everyone been on xenical for almost a week went on it from 4 wks on lighter life losing 19lbs in that time I have stuck to my diet rigidly this week very low fat low calorie and guess what I have gained 4 1b I dont know if this is my body adjusting to eating some carbs protein fat etc but I seem to have lost faith in the xenical already. can anyone give me some tips or has anyone encountered a gain before a loss so to speak look forward to receiving replies I feel like going back onto lighter life for a good weight loss then starting the xenical again

Hiya and :welcome: to the Xenical forum. I think that you're right in that your gain is because you have moved from Lighter Life, and you would have had that gain regardless of what path you had chosen to follow after finishing Lighter Life hun. I know its demoralising putting on 4lbs, but give yourself a break, hang on in there, keep doing what you are doing and things will turn around and you will soon see losses again :)
xx

not and expert on LL but am i right in saying is almost a food replacement diet?? which is probably going to be difficult to maintain for life! (not knocking it i dont think it would suit me personally but i know i will work for others) i think ur body has just been adjusting to eating proper food again and no matter wot u went onto after this kind of diet u will gain a few pounds but if u stick with it ur body will get used to having
food that u intend to eat for the rest of ur life! say u stuck to low fat eg.no more than 5g per 100g and around 1400 cals in a day depending on how much u have to lose. so if you were to lose 2lbs xenical helps and makes it 3lbs. stick in there give it a month n u will see a difference it will work as i have lost around the same amount as u on LL with xenical in the same time ! without going hungry ! good luck stay with it.xx

hi there thanks for your prompt reply im not having all those calories about say 1000 a day my total fat in a day may be only about 20g if that would you suggest upping the fat to give a better weight loss
not and expert on LL but am i right in saying is almost a food replacement diet?? which is probably going to be difficult to maintain for life! (not knocking it i dont think it would suit me personally but i know i will work for others) i think ur body has just been adjusting to eating proper food again and no matter wot u went onto after this kind of diet u will gain a few pounds but if u stick with it ur body will get used to having
food that u intend to eat for the rest of ur life! say u stuck to low fat eg.no more than 5g per 100g and around 1400 cals in a day depending on how much u have to lose. so if you were to lose 2lbs xenical helps and makes it 3lbs. stick in there give it a month n u will see a difference it will work as i have lost around the same amount as u on LL with xenical in the same time ! without going hungry ! good luck stay with it.xx

I would def agree you've gone from eating no food on meal replacement to eating food so you're bound to gain a little. Give Xenical a chance, it really is a great tool and is the best thing I've ever used (and I've tried lots!) in loosing weight xx

thank you so much for your prompt reply im just feel a little down with doing so well with the weight loss over the last 4 weeks my nurse wants me down to 11 stone I am quite willing and eager to do this but I am sticking to the fat rule rigidly so I think it will be a matter of watch this space to see if it actually works Ive read all posts which are inspiring and its got to work for me if it works for others my pal has lost 21lbs on it
I would def agree you've gone from eating no food on meal replacement to eating food so you're bound to gain a little. Give Xenical a chance, it really is a great tool and is the best thing I've ever used (and I've tried lots!) in loosing weight xx

I know how it must feel hun and I too would feel down but stick with it! I'm on a week where I'm just not loosing and its soooo frustrating!! Lets both DO THIS!! xx

As has already been said this is a period of adjustment for your body so give it a chance. Also make sure you are eating enough or your body will think it is being starved and will hold on to every available calorie just in case. Have a look at My Fitness Pal for an idea of how many calories you should eat for your height/weight.

KB x

i have almost half my body to loose that s why i have 1400 cals with the thot of being able to drop a few when i get stuck! if you only have 1000cals when u become stuck u havent gave yourself anything to change.. less than eating 1000 is probably not very healthy and u,d be hungry too. i got my clas from the fitness pal link. r u having 20g fat per day?? u can have 15g per meal as long as each item is no more than 5g u dont have side effects best to checkout the guideline threads they help me "get it".

As I said on your "expected weigh loss" thread it's going to take a couple of weeks for your body to readjust to proper food then turn around and start losing weight , try not to worry about it , if i was you aim for a proper start in march.

thanks for your reply well I go to the nurse on the 11th march and she said if I havent lost any weight then I can say goodbye to a repeat prescription I am trying really hard at the minute maybe losing inches just pray I lose before that date even if it is 61b for the first month
As I said on your "expected weigh loss" thread it's going to take a couple of weeks for your body to readjust to proper food then turn around and start losing weight , try not to worry about it , if i was you aim for a proper start in march.

advice please on zenical

:wave_cry:hi everyone im finding it hard on this forum im not used to computers so not sure if im doing things right im finding it hard to get anyone to answer my posts im debbie been on oristat for 2 months have lost 12lbs but im still not sure if im eating right please can anyone give me some advice many thanks debbie x

Back