Newbie trying to lose weight for wedding

Hi, firstly I should mention that I am not a regular forum user so apologies if anything I say/do goes against the forum rules!

As my screen name suggests, I have joined WW recently to attempt to lose some weight for my wedding this coming September, I have had a weight problem for many years and in the past have tried SW many times but could not get on with it at all. This is my first time with giving WW a proper go.

I unfortunately suffer from hypoglycaemic episodes (under the GP for this, awaiting more blood tests and a possible endocrinology referral to try and get to the bottom of it), and have done for since my early 20's (am 33 now), so over the years I have eaten all the wrong things to try and keep the hypo feelings at bay as anyone who has ever had a hypo will know how terrifying the feeling is. GP has suggested I may be pre-diabetic but as mentioned I am awaiting further tests. I try to eat low GI, every 3 hours I make sure to have something, in theory, but of course life gets in the way and my blood sugar drops if I forget to eat :( It's a very scary feeling which makes me feel extremely down, as I am desperate to sort out my weight once and for all.

I am feeling positive about WW, I kind of have an interim goal of around 16stone in mind, currently am 21st11lbs and my first WW weigh in will be tomorrow afternoon. I have already bought my wedding dress, which fits me as I am at the moment but of course I will feel SO much better on my wedding day if I can lose even just a couple of stone between now and then. Also need to do this for health reasons, I feel so sluggish and unhealthy most of the time... I try to exercise but get scared by the out of breath feeling :(

I consider WW to be my last resort in many ways. I am looking forward to getting to know people on here, as my journey progresses x x

I'm also trying to loose weight for a September wedding!

I'm also an ex SW'r trying WW. I GAINED 2.5 stone & was still paying for group. I think I need a change around!

Back