Newbie with 4 stone to lose

Hi Kimmi, congrats and go for it:)

Well despite planning on getting on the atkins wagon I attempted Exante again as I had spare shakes and failed, back to eating chocolate and wine!! Went shopping today for honeymoon stuff and everything was tight and looked hideous. Enough is enough now. Atkins tomorrow and a weigh in - dreading it!! 8 weeks to honeymoon..... Surely I can get at least a stone off?!

Ok day one done and I'm hungry..... I don't think I've got the grasp of induction yet, need to go back and read my book!! I haven't gone over 20g of carbohydrate but MFP still states that I have had 7% so need to up the fat a bit. Didn't have breakfast today as had nothing in .... Always find breakfast difficult as I like to run out the door!! Any breakfast ideas?

B- coffee with cream
L- chicken, 1/2 red pepper, cheese
D- Thai green curry with cauliflower (rice)
Water

Day 2 still hungry!! My father in law had an appointment at the bark attic clinic yesterday and has been offered a gastric band. He has to go back in 8 weeks and show that he has last weight to show his motivation. So he's got that and I've got the honeymoon on 8 weeks so we're in it together. The dietician told him high protein and low carb- interesting that!!

B- egg and bacon quiches
L- cheese, pepper, chicken
D- chicken wrapped in bacon with a bit of philly, broccoli, green beans and mushrooms in cream sauce

Ordered ketosis sticks today...... Bring back the pink stick!!!! Xx

Hi there :)

I have just finished reading your entire diary on and off over the course of the week.....yes it might appear that I have too much time on my hands! Haha! Been interesting to see the ups and downs you've had and it's very very honest. I'm just dieting for the first time on SW just now but low carbs work really good for me losing weight too, hence why I was looking at Atkins. Have you heard of the new SW SP plan? I like that one :).

I would say that the area you fall at is definitely your motivation for it so why not get into a charity fundraising task where you'll have to train for it? Could be an idea. Even if it is something like swimming so its not overly hard on the muscles.

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your post. And I agree it really is motivation at times but it's also that I use food to punish and congratulate myself! If I couldn't get motivated for my wedding, I'm not sure what will!! I am waiting for a knee replacement, hence why exercise is difficult, I do swim often though.

I've always been told to do low carb because of the PCOS but never really taken it seriously..... Now we're thinking of starting a family I really need to take it seriously!!

I have seen the SW new plan, and is defiently going towards the low carb way of eating!' Sw has never worked for me, I notice a gain if I have sugars of any type such as yoghurt, fruit etc! I also stall my weight loss if I drink no sugar squash!!

So if anything over the years I have worked out what works for me hence why I always come back to atkins and a low carbing. Just need to make it a lifestyle change now xx

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your post. And I agree it really is motivation at times but it's also that I use food to punish and congratulate myself! If I couldn't get motivated for my wedding, I'm not sure what will!! I am waiting for a knee replacement, hence why exercise is difficult, I do swim often though.

I've always been told to do low carb because of the PCOS but never really taken it seriously..... Now we're thinking of starting a family I really need to take it seriously!!

I have seen the SW new plan, and is defiently going towards the low carb way of eating!' Sw has never worked for me, I notice a gain if I have sugars of any type such as yoghurt, fruit etc! I also stall my weight loss if I drink no sugar squash!!

So if anything over the years I have worked out what works for me hence why I always come back to atkins and a low carbing. Just need to make it a lifestyle change now xx

Knee replacement must be a scary thought! Sorry I didn't know that before the suggestion.

I have never heard that low carb can help with PCOS but thats good to know. I don't personally have it but I have a friend who might but hasn't been diagnosed as yet.

Motivation is definitely not easy! I know the feeling! lol Guess if you're dream is having a baby then I don't think you can get any bigger a motivation than that :)

It is scary for a 33 year old!! My knee is absolutely ruined and minor ops haven't worked so down to have a full on replacement now!! Have been told it will be around July time but need to lose 5% of my weight before then!!

Day 3- not much to report but don't think I'm drinking enough. Had an absolutely stinker of a headache yesterday, thought it may be ketosis but it's far too early for that! Think it's dehydration and my body craving the naughty carbs!!! So today I had:
B- mini quiches x 2
L- ham, cheese, lettuce and yellow pepper
D- cheeseburgers with lettuce and spring onion
Coffee x 1 water about 1.5 litres

I have moments when I think woohoo I'm gonna crack this and the next I'm thinking wow I have 5 stone to lose..... 7 to get to my ideal BMI. This is gonna take a while, this has to become my life,man I sustain this? Can I do this? All I can do is break these stones down one by one, make a goal by goal. So first goal...... Get out of the 16s by Monday (lose 3 lbs). Let's say hello to the 15s on Monday :) x

Was doing so well until the weekend came!!! My hubby only has one weekend off a month so we always make sure we do something nice when we get time together! We ended up going for a day out at Bath Spa and I had a few drinks, followed by a few of his chips followed by some of my own chips and then a cocktail :-(
Grrr so angry with myself!! I got straight back on it this morning but not sure what the scales will say tomorrow :-; xx

Well despite my little blip on the weekend I still managed a 3lb loss taking me down to 16st 0- less than I wanted but have to learn to be happy with any loss... It's all in the right direction!!
Yesterday:
B- boiled egg
L- chicken and cauli cheese
D: meatballs and salad

Today:
B- boiled egg, coffee
L-ham, cheese, salad
D-chicken curry with cauli rice

7 weeks to go to honeymoon..... Would love to see those 14s!! X

Hi Kimmi. Well done on the loss:). Just keep plugging away and it will come off!

Ahh well done kimmi! You're doing fab! I havent seen a loss for over a month. :( booo. (Admittedly I havent been ultra strict...but mostly on plan)

Back strict from tomorrow AM.

So do u weigh once a week on a Monday? or...have you had a sneaky peek (Are you in the 15's??) x

Back