Newbie with a question, and probably more to come :)

AHHHHHHHH esource forum is so frustrating ! i want to SCREAM ..... had a chinese for tea tonight at my mums (as my weekly treat using my weekly ProPoints) so not too worried about the points as i have 49 + 25 left from today but wanted to work out approx points for future reference and just so i can point value it for my records. and all the posts i've read on there say things like "well you can't eat that if you want to loose weight" and "only eat xxx as its low in points" and "avoid xxx and xxx" ..... how is this helpful ?? if people are having a chinese as a one off treat 1 night why can't they just have what they want and enjoy it ? if you can only have mushroom chow mein as its about the same PP as a WW ready meal i might as well eat the ready meal ! .... as far as i'm concerned a diet isn't a quick fix its a life choice so therefore i am not going to cut out chinese takeaways for the rest of my life ! i may not loose as much the week i have it as i would in week when i haven't eaten it but the point of PP's is so we can have a treat once a week and as long as we stay within the allowance why does it bothers others so much ? i don't drink wine but i'm not going to tell those that do that if they have the wine it will slow down their weight loss, its their choice !

anyway rant over :)

i had:
* Sweet and sour chicken in batter (6 strips) (with a drizzle of the sauce over whole meal)
* 1/2 a foil tray of chicken chop suey, mainly the beanshoots but had about 3 or 4 pieces of chicken (as the beanshoots were shared between 2 and the chicken between 3)
* 1/4 of Duck Chow mein ..... although it was a large not standard size (so was probably about 1/3 of a standard size foil dish)
* 1/3 of special fried rice (standard size foil tray and without the prawns)
* 5 prawn crackers

AND I ENJOYED IT ALL !!!! :D

so my question for today is:
what would you say was approx points in what i had ?? and would you say my 74 PP's covered it ?? .... i'm guessing it won't be as many (maybe around the 30/35 pp mark?) but to be honest if it used all 74 of them it would still have been worth it :D

back to being really super duper good tomorrow though as next weekend is my mates hen weekend so thats going to do a lot more damage then my chinese tonight as i have a feeling my weekly PP's wont cover that ! :(

:eatdrink051:

.... well i haven't lost the weight yet, only tuesday will tell if i can eat all this (and as long as i'm good the rest of the week) can still loose weight ! :D

I had what I'd call a v bad week last week- had a Chinese,and one day when I sat and ate my way through a whole bag of microwave popcorn. stopped tracking after 3 days as I was picking so much. Lost 2 lbs but dh said that my meals were very good (can't remember!) so I reckon I probably saved enough points for the treats! ( or else I'm in for an awful shock next WI). You're dead right about the Chinese,it's about making weightloss work with your life- not about stopping your life to lose weight.

I had what I'd call a v bad week last week- had a Chinese,and one day when I sat and ate my way through a whole bag of microwave popcorn. stopped tracking after 3 days as I was picking so much. Lost 2 lbs but dh said that my meals were very good (can't remember!) so I reckon I probably saved enough points for the treats! ( or else I'm in for an awful shock next WI). You're dead right about the Chinese,it's about making weightloss work with your life- not about stopping your life to lose weight.

well done you !! :) .... lol if you still lost 2lb i'd call that a very good week!! :)

i hope it doesn't have a knock on effect to your next WI. :(

glad you agree too with fitting loosing weight into life and not stopping life to loose weight.
.....what's the point in being skinny and unhappy i'd rather be fatter for a little bit longer and loose weight gradually and have the treats once a week to keep me happy knowing that the 6 other days of the week i'm being good and still loosing weight :)

I'd say your meal was 35pp at most hon. that's what I'd put down for it anyway just to be sure. You're right you need to still have a life. As a wise girl on here once said to me, think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet lol xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

thank you :) yep i'd rather count higher to be on the safe side :)

yep i'm definitely seeing this more as a lifestyle change then a diet .... (although it will be mainly 'diet' till the wedding as i need to be reasonably strict with what i'm eating so i still fit into the bridesmaid dress but after that it will be lifestyle)

Yeah you do what you need to do hon. I lost majority of my weight last year on WW discovery. Now I'm here again on PP to change my lifestyle choices and become healthier. My weight loss is slow but defo feeling changes. I don't SEE any changes yet but a pair of jeans that were tight once, I can't wear anymore because they are ridiculously hanging off me now. I bought a pair size 12 jeans today. Was a nice feeling bringing the 14 to the changing room and realising they were too big lol ;) did I ask before or how much weight you looking to lose hon? X

Yeah you do what you need to do hon. I lost majority of my weight last year on WW discovery. Now I'm here again on PP to change my lifestyle choices and become healthier. My weight loss is slow but defo feeling changes. I don't SEE any changes yet but a pair of jeans that were tight once, I can't wear anymore because they are ridiculously hanging off me now. I bought a pair size 12 jeans today. Was a nice feeling bringing the 14 to the changing room and realising they were too big lol ;) did I ask before or how much weight you looking to lose hon? X

:) wow that's great ! well done you ! :D

.... i haven't noticed any changes yet but its still early days (i'm just impatient, lol) .... i think it might be quite a while till i'm in a size 14 let alone having them too big on me (i've never been below a 14 and even when i was a 14 it didn't last for long :cry: ) .... my main goal at the moment is to just loose weight / exercise more so i'm a bit slimmer for my friends wedding so concentrating on my 5% and then 10% loss .... but as a longer length goal i would like to be back to a size 16 which is what i was 4 years ago when i had my daughter .... and then continue down to a size 14 which will be lovely (and then loosing any more after that will be great but will see nearer the time how realistic that goal is) ..... i don't know what that works out with as weight, but when i started this diet i was 16 stone and in size 20 / 22 clothes :eek:

Bridesmaid-to-be said:
:) wow that's great ! well done you ! :D

.... i haven't noticed any changes yet but its still early days (i'm just impatient, lol) .... i think it might be quite a while till i'm in a size 14 let alone having them too big on me (i've never been below a 14 and even when i was a 14 it didn't last for long :cry: ) .... my main goal at the moment is to just loose weight / exercise more so i'm a bit slimmer for my friends wedding so concentrating on my 5% and then 10% loss .... but as a longer length goal i would like to be back to a size 16 which is what i was 4 years ago when i had my daughter .... and then continue down to a size 14 which will be lovely (and then loosing any more after that will be great but will see nearer the time how realistic that goal is) ..... i don't know what that works out with as weight, but when i started this diet i was 16 stone and in size 20 / 22 clothes :eek:

Yeah it was a good feeling. Although the jeans are prob a "big" 12 ya know?! Different sizes in different shops lol.
Oh you'll get there hon, just keep at the diet. Takes a while though. I was 14-16 last year so I'm taking my time with this even though I'm impatient sometimes too. You're doing great so far, stick at it :D x

Although the jeans are prob a "big" 12 ya know?! Different sizes in different shops lol.

shhhh don't say that ;) a 12's a 12 ! :D

yep i'll get there eventually .... may take a few years but every lb off is 1lb i haven't put on ! ... and over the years these 1lbs will all add up ! :) .... like they all did when going on :eek:

started my food diary last night so now got that backtracked and up to date :) .... my next goal is to try and remember to have breakfast EVERYDAY ! i've never been a big breakfast eater and i managed to fail my mini goal already today as realised half an hour ago that its already lunch time ! :break_diet:

Back