Newbie with a question for those with a lot to lose

I always broke it down in little chunke. Each half stone off (obviously) but also every 10 pounds (20, 30 etc) and also made it metric to every 5 kilos. Because my start weight was "and four" pounds I also counted each even stone achieved as a target.
That way I managed to achieve a mini target at regular intervals.

I have at least 4 stone to lose but that sounds like to much for me to think about so my target is to get to 154lbs and that still sounds like long way away. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time knowing that each day is a day closer i am to target and a day where i am healthier too. I think 1/2 - 1stone intervals is more than big enough to deal with at any one time.
I def think having support from all the lovely people on here who really do ujnderstand makes a big difference. Dont get hung up on the numbers - you are going to be feeling really great soon as those pounds drop off. Make sure you keep your diet varied and think of some fab things to eat and the weight loss will be a fnatastic bonus!! :)

Hi Alongwaytogo
I have 5 stone (ish maybe, see how it goes) to loose. I kind of think a stone at a time, to date since 01.01.2010 I have lost 2 stone and I just think my next goal is another stone. I've been off work this last week and so dramatically fell off the SW wagon, and this week I'll jump back on it. I try to stick to it, and like most of us there will be bad days/weeks but do a bit at a time and before you know it it'll be falling off.

Well done to all who have lost so much so far

x

Ali

Thank you all so much. I can't believe how much you have all lost, there is hope for me yet!

My SW counsellor rang tonight to see how I was getting on and we talked about how I repeat the same pattern time and time again (I have rejoined about 5 times!). She is really supportive and I am sure with her help and all the friendly people here, this time will be the one.

Best wishes
Karen

hi i have about 8 stone to lose and started 4 weeks ago. i'm just going to reach my 1st 10%, then do another 10% and so on so i feel like i'm achieving something. i have also tried lots of diets and failed but feel more positive with this one. my consultant is also very supportive and texts the group in the week and stuff to keep you motivated. all the best xxx

I have just under 5 1/2 stone to lose. Starting the end of january. in the 12 weeks i've been doing it i've lost nearly 2 stone. I prefer to look at my achievements (i.e weekly loss, no matter how small) rather than looking at how much weight i have left to lose. because when I think of it like that it's really daunting.

Its so scary right at the start... Im aiming on loosing over 7 stone, though I'm breaking it up sw sticker at a time, so next its 2 stone and Club 10 to aim for rather than just thinking 7 stone all the time.

Back