Newbie with good results but now plateau'd !!

MurrayMint87

Hello!!!

I’m Donna, 24 from Essex! Here for support and advice and to find something to help me get out this plateau, so guess I’ll give a bit of history!

Had a lazy childhood, lack of exercise, too much rubbish food, and hereditary "big" genes!

Aged 18, I was 5"8, and 17st7lbs (111.4kg) / 245lbs.

Had gastric band surgery with a private company aged 18, in 2006, although not many results from that, it gave me the mental kick to control my eating habits and start exercising.

Lost about 1.5/2st in about 4 years!!

2010 I began start of the year with healthy eating, got down to 14st, and maintained around 13st10lb/14st for the next year.

2011 I met my fiancee, i started exercising regularly, 3-4x per week, and eating healthily. As well as having a slight restriction from my gastric band, i mentally was a lot stronger, with less stress etc, and a better job to focus on my own health and eating habits.

I have got down to 11st8lbs / 73.48kg / 162lbs which is the lowest weight of my adult life!
My aim is to get to 10st / 63.5kg / 140lbs, Which I am unsure if my body will get to that as I have very large hips, but still a lot of chunk on my thighs/bum/belly to get rid of!!! Unfortunately due to losing quite a bit I have loose skin on my stomach, bum and arms that I also want to reduce, but can’t seem to see how I’ll get rid of that without plastics :/ Also my chest has disappeared, and left me with those that look like they belong on a much MUCH older woman!!

Hoping to find something to kick start the weight loss again!!
xxx

Hi Donna, welcome to Minimins :)

Just wanted to say Hi and well done on your weight loss so far, you've done brilliantly!

Well done on you loss so far hun. I know it can be really disconcerting after losing all that weight to have excess skin, but I know from previous experience that I much prefer that to health problems that a higher weight can give you. However, I remember it made me feel really glum, the boob thing was awful as I suffered from the same thing, unfortunately life got in the way and its all filled up again.

You are strong, and you know that once you have lost the weight that you can maintain it just as you did in 2010, I know you were slightly bigger then but its the same principle. You have got this far, there is no stopping you! Sometimes our bodies need to recoup before dropping again, but thats all part and parcel of being human.

If you believe in yourself then the rest will just fall into place.

Lulu xx

Back