Newbie with loads of bulk to lose

mystic25

Hi All.Will be starting my exante diet on tues as there will be no temptations,and i will be back at work.I have 10 stone to lose,and was wondering if i should stick to 3 or 4 shakes per day.My worst time will be when i finish work at 10pm,as i work late shift. I am usually ravinous then.I will also miss my sk milk in my tea badly,so i hope i will be able to get on ok.Any words of encouragement will be great on my journey.I also have done celebrity slim and did well on that diet.I have shakes left from this diet.could i finish them on the exante ie have 1 to replace an exante shake as i know that its also a low carb diet????:confused: :17729:

Welcome and good luck Mystic, you will get on fine if you stick it 100% and come on this forum, because the support you get is awesome on here.

Im combining my excess LT packs with my exante ones to make them go further, its not impeded me one iota.

Hi Mystic25, I too am a newbie started mine on FRIDAY. Felt okay Friday, Saturday was tough cos kids about etc and we usually have take away. Sunday wanted to hibernate for a week. Feel empty today which is agood feeling. Dying to get on scales but will wait. Kids goling for Starbucks today so will be toughbut I have come this far. Went clothes shopping yesterday and I felt yuk so a good driver to stick at it. I am not buying a size 20....no way kept telling myself in a week my old clothes will fit.

good luck I too miss my tea but have sparkling water in a wine glass instead, i thought it would be easier to start over a weekend when not at work but actually it would have been easier if i had done through week....

PS How do you load avatars cant seem to do mine...

To spur you on a bit Fattea
bear in mind you are starting not the much heavier than I started
and just 3 months down the road I am 159lbs (11 stone 5lbs)
it can be done quite easily
you have to be single minded and have your head in the right place

can be done ......:)

10st v. Milk in your tea?

No contest, really.

It's a recommendation for a reason, and you really do get used to it before long. It seriously isn't the end of the world. Skimmed milk is practically water anyway with little more than a bit of colour. This diet is a good opportunity to examine a few trenchant habits, anyway. Why is it so important to you? (hypothetical question.)

Get decent tea bags, use filtered water (if in a hard water area), don't leave it to stew, and learn to make and appreciate a decent cup of tea. Consider it a new hobby... ;)

Miss D's right, I steer away from ordinary tea now, hubby can make it just right black, he says he just about waves it over the cup, and whips it away
I use coffee to wake up ;)
but now love a variety of herbal teas
I am currently drinking a pot of earl grey
sans milk of course

:D Thank you for your comments guys as much appreciated.Ill try and stay off the milk i think.I will prob have 4 shakes this week to get me through and then drop t
the extra a bit later on.Will keep u posted.Wher do you get the ticker weight tracker from.???/:chores016:

Tickers are from tickerfactory, however you need a certain number of posts before you can play with signatures and the suchlike.

There's a post about it on the main forum bit.

avoid the CS shakes if u want to hit ketosis. i started exante on friday from CS and the carb difference is rather a lot. 10g per shake... so it could knock you out of ketosis meanign that you would be hungry.

good luck on your journey.

another thing is when i finish this diet (i am keep my spare cs shakes and soups) i am debating using CS to maintain my weight. i dunno yet if i will was only a plan then again i may flog them to a mate who knows

Good luck! You will do it just fine! Once you are past the first week, it does get easier, believe me, just plod through those first few days.
After that, I got into the mindset of 'no food would be worth spoiling the diet for'
I lost 2stone on Lipotrim ( with a few exante soups at the time) and now I'm full time on Exante to lose a bit more.
Keep visiting here and read the forum if you feel down or are tempted, it really helps :)

Thanks happy monday.Had my first bananna shake this morning.Tastes nicer with sweetener,and i also quiet enjoyed black tea with sweetener.Did not make it too strong and was fine with it im pleased to report.Going to have just 3 shakes a day because of the cost.If i start crawling the walls is it ok to have an extra 4th depending on how hungry i get or is it just better sticking to the 3??? My worst time will be when i come home at 10pm after work.Thats my trigger time so ill have to have a nice bath and bed i think to keep me away from temptation.:17729:

Thanks happy monday.Had my first bananna shake this morning.Tastes nicer with sweetener,and i also quiet enjoyed black tea with sweetener.Did not make it too strong and was fine with it im pleased to report.Going to have just 3 shakes a day because of the cost.If i start crawling the walls is it ok to have an extra 4th depending on how hungry i get or is it just better sticking to the 3??? My worst time will be when i come home at 10pm after work.Thats my trigger time so ill have to have a nice bath and bed i think to keep me away from temptation.:17729:
I am on my first week and I must be squeaky clean with all the baths I am having at the moment to keep me away from temptation............ Good luck :)

I sometimes have half of another bar, or half a shake
then drink a pint of water, tends to help the cravings (or a big cup of coffee)

you really need to get the idea into your head that you will cope with 3 things

you can, I promise
99% of are doing just that on here !

its also a way of training your body/head/stomach that you can get to X o'clock before you are eating

try chopping one of the bars up into little squares
if you are really feeling the pinch, have one square

leave it 15 mins
if you need another, have one
have a caffeinated drink

thats how I cope

YOU CAN DO IT !

Back