Newbie with questions

iwillbeslim84

Hi all

I am currently in the process of starting CD. I have a Dr's appointment on Monday to get the forms signed off hopefully. I was wondering whether anyone has had any problems with getting the forms signed and also did you have any bad experiences when starting the diet?

S

Hi, I was going to join Lighterlife first, and went to my doctor for a form but he was fine with it. In the end, I found CD instead and my councillor didn't ask for any medical form as I had no medical reasons for it.

I personally haven't had any physical problems with the diet. But very surprised to discover I dont feel hungry, which is a great help! Good luck, and let us know how you get on x

Hi iwillbeslim84

Did not need to have doctor sign a form (think its because of my starting weight) and have not had any problems on CD.

Sometimes feel a bit tired, I am glad to get home after a long day, but then I feel that carrying more and more additional weight would also have that effect.

Good Luck!

i had to have forms signed and never had a problem, gp's were happy i was doing something about my weight off my own initiative

Had none of the headaches or anything some people report, nor any hungry feelings. Think i must kick into ketosis quite quickly.

Recently if been much more active over a longer period of time (i.e- heavy shopping session and day out!) and have not had my shakes/bars in the day, (or enough water) i have had a few occasions whereby if i had been crouched down and went to get up, felt like i may faint. One day at the seaside on holiday, things did go a bit dark in terms of my vision, went dizzy and i had to sit immediately or else i'm pretty sure i would have fainted. So got a feeling it may have affected my blood pressure. However, this was just me being a bit of a fool, and not having my shakes/fluid often enough so quite easily remedied ever since.

Don't want to scare you, i love cd and wish i'd found it years ago, but it has made me realise that at the same time you are only getting a minimal amount of calories, and despite the ketosis providing energy, some people do have to be a bit carefull not to overdo things.

Hope it goes well with GP too. Have you got any info to take just incase they know nothing about it? xx

hi,
there seems to be a good way to get the doctor to sign these forms.
some people assume u have to ASK the doctors permission to do the cd. in fact ur not asking permission, meerly acknowledging that the doctor is aware u are doing it (in case of medical conditions).
therefore dont go into the doctors office asking nicely for the form to be signed as it is then easier for a doctor to refuse (which has been known with some ignorant doctors).
instead, go in and tell the doctor you ARE starting cambridge and u need him to sign to say u have informed him that u are doing it.
i was afraid my doctor wouldnt sign my form and went in with my heckles up prepared to fight but thankfully my doctor was very understanding and keen for me to go ahead.
best of luck.

Might be worth checking with your CDC first if you actually need a doctor's certificate. Some doctors have now started charging admin costs for them, I had to pay £25 for the lighterlife form - and then didn't need it in the end! I dont mind though, CD is much cheaper than LL anyway, and what is a few quid when the big reward is the weight loss :)

My doctor was fine about it and I wasn't charged any fee for their signature. I think it varies between surgeries, but Cherylxx's approach seems to be a good one. Good luck with your CD journey!

hi,
there seems to be a good way to get the doctor to sign these forms.
some people assume u have to ASK the doctors permission to do the cd. in fact ur not asking permission, meerly acknowledging that the doctor is aware u are doing it (in case of medical conditions).
therefore dont go into the doctors office asking nicely for the form to be signed as it is then easier for a doctor to refuse (which has been known with some ignorant doctors).
instead, go in and tell the doctor you ARE starting cambridge and u need him to sign to say u have informed him that u are doing it.
i was afraid my doctor wouldnt sign my form and went in with my heckles up prepared to fight but thankfully my doctor was very understanding and keen for me to go ahead.
best of luck.

Great Advice here! I agree. GP's are not Gods! It's your body and they should have no objections whatsoever.

Good luck!

Hi, good for you for starting the CD. Unless you have some underlying conditions such as diabetes you don't really need permission from the doc. At first you will feel hungry, then tired, might have a few headaches and feel generally down, but after the first few days or a week (depending on if you cheat a bit or not) you should feel ok as long as you keep drinking water. Good luck xx

Back