newbie with some questions.. :)

katie08

been lurking on here readin alot of stuff for a few days..im pretty interested in starting atkins and i eat quite healthy anyway with my carbs 60-80 however its the stuff like a bag of maltesers or something like that which sends the carbs up daily. i don't eat crisps or biccies and eat alot of protein anyway but what im stumped on is things like when i dont get time to make scrambled egg in the morning and im in work now with a tesco next door...what is good to have for breakfast..eg, the sausages on the deli counter? i eat half a chicken/fish for lunch most of the time anyways with salad but my treats i allow myself are fruit, mango and apple and i realise this isnt allowed on atkins induction.... :(

i find that breakfasts are the worst and lunches main meals pretty easy.

any suggestions or advice would be great.

starting atkins is not really for weightloss for me, only to shift a couple of stubborn pounds but its for digestion more than anything

Hi Katie & welcome

Have you seen the thread on MiM's? They are flaxseed muffins in a minute, made in a coffee cup in a microwave. There are lots of fab recipes on there.

I'm not a great one to ask for breakfast as I usually have a MiM or a protein bar or shake!!

Good luck. xx

Hi katie - welcome :)
i make myself get up earlier to make my brekkie. I think the sausages on the deli counter will be quite high carb ones. there is a recipe for some egg muffins which you could make the night before? or the MIMs as Linz says x

Hi Katie

I often just have a couple of fried eggs, but usually I have leftovers for breakfast.

i had a look at the deli counter then and it just looked a no go, picked up some sausages 4g carbs each, not too bad?

is it right it is ok that skin is left on chicken?

depends on the chicken, if it's breaded and stuff I'd pick it off, also those kentucky fried things have loads of sugar on.

tesco roast chicken? im half way thru a half...no more protein please! gahh.

how well do you all adjust? im craving prawn crackers haha

I had no real problems adjusting, but I've always been a meat eater really. I did miss bread and beer though, and pies.

i was never a real meat eater ..until now. :D
Roast chicken skin is fine unless it the one tesco does with sauce on it.

Back