Newbie wk 3 ss weight loss slowing! Argh!!!

Debbyshe271

Hi
Just finding my way around this site and am finding it invaluable!

First time on CD and am doing SS. Please can anyone tell me is it usual for weight loss to slow down week 3? I have stuck on the same weight on the scales for 3 days now and am getting very disheartened! Haven't cheated once!!!
Deb

It does possibly slow up as the first 10 days or so you are emptying the body of carbs and water.
Dont worry about the scales, just stick at the diet and i promise you will of lost by your weigh in.
Body weight fluctuates all over the place but aslong as you are sticking to plan you will be burning fat even if you are retaining water etc. :)

Hi Debby,
Just wanted to say your doing so well..
Getting on and off the scales can be a big problem as I find I go up and down all the time.. Im one for getting on and off to but it doesnt work in our favour.
Hang in there as I am sure if your sticking to it, the scales will change when you get to wi.. If for any reason it doesnt change much then it will for sure the week after..
Stay motivated and it will come off!!

I've noticed this too. Last week I lost 3lbs, which although is good I was still disappointed with it. I'm more than halfway through my 4th week and from last Sunday I have only lost 1lb! That's almost a week gone by. Very disheartened too, it makes it so much worse than I feel really starving at night and so far have managed not to eat by spurring myself on with the losses but now I don't have the losses to spur me on. I've been 100% since I started and I hear about people cheating ans still having bigger losses than me, not that I want to cheat, I don't see the point in spending £40pw if i'm not willing to put 100% effort in to it. It is hard to keep going though when the losses aren't coming.

Hey just wanted to say if you take a look at my weeks from 1 to 9 Im very up and down and have done 100% ss without any cheats.. so dont feel disheartenend as it will come off if its not one week it will be another 2 weeks in a row I lost 2 lbs and the next week 5 3/4 ..
So stick with it!!

Hi Deb -
just to echo what everyone else has said really. First time I lost the weight I would lose 6 one week one one the next and it went in a pattern like that any my friend lost a steady 3.5 each week.
Then this time we are both on it and it has swapped over and she is getting the little and the big losses whereas mine is more steady - (apart form this week where I lost 5!;))
as long as you are 100% the weight will come off and as the others have said its just your body adjusting
Keep it up and come on our hour by hour thread to keep up the motivation - it was a godsend for me last week hence the big loss cos there was no secret nibbling!
xxx

hi

I posted a similar post a few days ago...ive just had 3rd weigh in and only lost a pound. I know what you mean about it being disheartening, especially for a cost of £40 pw and feeling hungry..

For me, I think its the bars that are slowing my loss down so I'm going to do just shakes this week and see how it goes....

Good luck to you...Im sure we'll get there! xx

Try not to worry, I felt the same last week which was my week 2, the scales just didn't shift all week then it all dropped off at the last minute and I lost 6lbs :)

I still have 2.5 stone to go , and I only lost a wee amount this week. I'm not panicking though because it will come off. CD is an extreme diet for your body, when its been used to years of over-eating, high calories etc

Give it some time to relax into it, stop panicking and it will move.

I've been on my scales 3 times today (I know I know, fatal and silly) and have had different readings everytime...I really do need to throw them out

Back