Newbie!

pinkelle

I'm on a mission!!!
Hi All

I am new to this site but, alas, not to slimming!!!

I am 29 years old and currently weigh 403lbs, have recently lost 3lbs through slimming world (joined 2 weeks ago).

Am looking for a buddy to help keep me motivated as have such a lot to lose.

Love the site by the way and all the before and after pictures.....wow!!!

Laura

Hey Laura welcome!

Everyone here is lovely and helpful and friendly - you wont be a newbie for long! Have a read through the sticky's and don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Good luck on your SW journey,

Natt xxx

Welcome to the forum Laura, you will have lots of buddies here all ready to help and advise you, good luck with your weight loss.

Oh! And don't worry about the amount of weight you need to loose, I too have a rather big goal. Try breaking it down into little goals, I'm doing it 2 stone at a time. It's much easier to handle that way :)

Hi Laura. Good luck with your journey. I see you're setting yourself sensible targets, great idea. Everyone's here to help and is very friendly, take advantage of all the help.

Hi an welcome...squiddie said what I was going to - don't look at the whole target as it's easier (for achieving and sanity) to break it up, no matter what the target is :)

Why not set yourself a mini goal to start with? 1/2 a stone or something? If it helps, I always set self a weekly aim (though don't get upset if you miss it) and a mini goal.

Good luck xxx

hello and welcome:) You'll have loads of support with this forum so good luck on your journey. As everyone else has said, just have mini goals and work towards them:)

Hi Laura and welcome to minimins and back to SW!!!
Everyone on here is great for advice and ideas, so what ever questions you may have, feel free to ask away.
As the others have said, dont look at how much in total you have to loose, take it every half a stone, heck a stone even....you will realise very quickly how even this milestone can change your life.
I have another 6.5 stones to go before Im at target, but I dont look that far ahead as it depresses me, I look at how far I have come and what I have achieved in that time.

Good luck with your journey!

Kerry-Ann

:welcome2:

Keep posting and that will help keep you on the straight and narrow, as well as all the encouragement and support from all these lovely sw peeps.

Best wishes with your journey

xx

Hi all,

Have logged on this morning feeling VERY positive, have even started to sort out my wardrobes!!!

Thanks to you all for your encouraging comments above. Was going to break my goals down into 10% weight losses but even they seem too big at the moment so think I will go for the stone at a time approach.

x

Hi Laura i'm new too but every one is lovely good luck and if you need any help with motivation dont hesitate to give me a shout

Hi there!

Ive got a lot to loose too, am at the end of my first week and lost I 3lbs, although I didn't stick to it 100%, I had one eventful night when I ate a load of prawn crackers and I think some malibu was involved too :break_diet:

Diets have never worked for me, so I'm trying to see this more as a lifestyle change, and see how it goes...

Good Luck on your journey, and remember you can achieve anything you put you're mind to x

Hi laura and welcome to the forum,good luck with your weight loss.

Back