Newbie!

Hi NI,

Congats on your engagement! Four months isn't long now, you all organised?And what a great fiancé buying you a new wardrobe! You've lucked out there!
Glad to hear you resisted last night! I live alone so fortunately I was able to get rid of all food before starting TFR, know I wouldn't be able to stick with it otherwise. Know some still have to cook for family/partners and I don't know how they do it! I have to take my hat off to those who do, it must take so much willpower. I'm bad enough at work when the lunchtime smells start floating around!...strangely enough I had dream the other night I ate a chicken curry, my jaw hurt when I woke up and I was less a pillow! Seriously tho, did wake up in a panic thinking I'd eaten it (curry not pillow)!
I'm not the best to ask about the timing thing with shakes. I work shifts so I'm all over the place with them. Try to have one at 8.30, 1 an then 6ish. If I'm working late tho it all goes out the window.
Got a shock today (it's the first day I've ft bad on LT), couldn't sleep last night (shifts to blame) so up really early had my shake then ages til lunch so felt really dizzy an sick. Much better after lunchtime shake so know now not to leave it too long between them.
Know what you mean about the Ketosis thing, I read everything I could about it before starting but am by no means an expert. As I understand it if you stick to a very low carb diet you should remain in ketosis (i believe that's the principle of atkins too) so that would mean eating a lot of protien which can lead to high fat intake if your not carefull and the ketosis isn't as efficient. Also the protien you eat will have big impact on you calorie intake and as a result will slow your weight loss. So as temping as it may seem, if you plan you do it this way you'd be aswell as stopping LT and do a low carb diet instead. That's just my opinion. What made me choose to do LT was the fast weight loss. In a way I think it does make it easier that it's all or nothing. On any other diet Id have fallen off the wagon by now an be making excuses and telling myself I'd make up for it later(which I wouldn't)! Now I'm gonna say what you know already but probably don't want hear. When you look back at your wedding pics in 20 yrs time do you want to always regret that you didn't look/feel your best
for yourself and your wife? Those pics are forever so don't sell yourself short. It's only a few months of not eating, I have struggled with this too but the rewards will be worth it. You don't need me to tell you this!

Sorry for the ramble! One of these days I'll submit a reply under 500 words. Good luck, you've done really well so far, keep us posted on how your gettin on.x

Well the first 5 days where a real challenge but after week 1 i lost 8lb, thought i had lost a bit more but gotta be pleased with 8. Thanks to everyone who offered me support through the week, it was very tough at times but hopefully ive turned the corner now.

Week 1 = 8lb

Hi everyone,

Am new to posting so please tell me if I'm doin it wrong! Started LT 12 days ago although have been looking at this site for about 3 weeks, the stories an loses I've read about have really spurned me on, honestly don't think would have lasted without them! (Samonamission is a genius!)

Had a few crisis of confidence (only 11days in I know!) and strangely my first week was a breeze but this week has really tested my commitment. Lost 13lb so far though which is so motivating! Although can't watch cooking programmes or food adverts! Ridiculous I know! Would like to ask some help on a couple of points though! The biggest obsticle I have us thinking of how long I need to do this before getting to my target weight! It's like thinking how big the universe is!lol! Just can't get my head around it! Also wondered if the flapjaks an soup are as bad as I've read? Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Bobbie J, sorry I didn't reply I feel a bit of a fraud posting in here because i'm no longer 100% so I try not to even look, My friend pointed this out to me and I had to come peek...
Its wonderful to see another one who likes to talk xx and keep going it is sooo worth it xxx

Back