Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dollie, 29 June 2007 Social URL.

1. dollie

dollie Member

ok so I've been floating around this site for a week or so and I thought I'd finally contribute :rolleyes:

So I'm on my 4th day of CD after being recommened to try it by a couple of friends. my counsellor started me on the 790 plan, because I'm only a little overweight (5'7' and start weight 11st7 = bmi 25.5) I'm finding it ok, but I'm really missing eating fruit! I'd kill for a banana! was wondering if there's anyone around in my kind of position, with just a little to lose, how you're finding it and how much loss you've had to date?

plus a question for anyone....it's my birthday soon, turning 19:eek:, and i refuses NOT to eat my own birthday cake! so, considering im on 790 how much damage would a day of normal eating plus cake :p would do in the long term?

replies appreciated

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ceri

Ceri Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hello dollie, hello dollie (singing away - sorry couldn't help it!)
    Welcome.
    My BMI is currently 26.1 but started at 29 6 1/2 weeks ago. I've lost 1st8lbs.
    I think that you'll lose the weight really quickly, especially on 790 if you stick to it.Think short, sharp, shock!!
    As for Birthday cake, it's a bit carb-alicious!! Will knock you out of ketosis and slow things down. Could you not have a nice meal like chicken salad ?
    Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you.
    Ceri

4. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello welcome to the site and to the diet!

How long is it until your birthday? What damage will eating cake do and eating normally for a day...well depends what eating normally for you is :) It will knock you out of ketosis so you will be very hungry and it'll take you a few days to get back into it.

Weight gain? Depends again what you eat...if you only have a slice of cake and stick the rest of the meals then I'd be very suprised if that resulted in a gain. At worst it'll put you back a week or two on your diet.

Otherwise, if you think you can manage to stick to 790 instead on your birthday you could always treat yourself in a different way to cake....new hair cut maybe?

5. dollie

dollie Member

Thanks for your replies. Ok so I guess I'll take the CD's for breakfast and lunch and have as healthy a dinner as i can manage, but it'll probably contain pasta which i know is a big no-no, but i'll limit myself, I'm not that much of a big eater anyway. Along with that I'll probably treat myself to some fruit and cake as i said. :rolleyes: my birthday is on tuesday and i will have been on the diet a week exactly, i know it's early to be falling of the wagon, but it's my birthday!!! but my only worry is that because I only have a little to lose, every little counts?? I hope it doesnt make a big difference :sigh:

6. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well you're not going to gain a stone in a day anyway so don't worry about it. Just accept that you may have a weight gain that week but you'll get it back off the week after :) Maybe do a bit of light excercise to help counteract the birthday food :)

Hope you have a lovely day :)

7. dollie

dollie Member

Thanks, I exercise anyway 3-4 times a week in the gym. so hopefully it'll be ok. had an idea...what if for the next 3 days before my birthday i switch to SS? i mean, i know my counsellor advised 790 but it'd give me a quick boost to counteract the birthday cheating?

8. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My advice is not to SS, your BMI is too low for SSing, your counsellor was right to advise you not to. Maybe give her a call and ask her for suggestions for your birthday food :)

9. dollie

dollie Member

I'll do so, thanks :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.