NEWBIE !

AuntyPasty

Hello everyone on MiniMins, I have been watching this site for several weeks now and really like what I see so have plucked up the courage to join you. I am sick of yo yo dieting and have tried many over the years such as SW,WW,CD,Xenical, appetite suppressants, the dreaded cabbage diet (yuk) fruit diet plan, low calorie , adios, BHF diet, Oralstat and some of these I have tried more than once! So to end it all I have decided to put into practice alittle bit of everything I have learned in order to just eat sensibily. My husband has joined me and our daughter is thinking of starting the CD diet, I just hope that we have changed enough so that when she achieves her goals we are able to fully support her as a healthy eating household.
Our diet consists of eating 'clean' proteins, fish & eggs, heaps of fruit and vegetables, and only tiny amounts of bread & potatoes (once a week only) avoiding stat fats >4g per 100g / ml. Oh we are not saints as we still manage to nip into the local pub once or twice a week too. Sadly 18 months ago I developed a obesity related cancer which is currently under control so this is not a diet but a lifestyle change for a healthier life! Any advice would be gratefully received and your support will be treasured. x x x x

Last edited:
Hallo AuntPasty, Welcome to the forum.
Very well done in deciding to get to eating a healthy diet. I always feel that in the end developing a proper way of eating has to be the best way because despite pills etc, that is what we all come back to.
Sorry to read of your cancer and hope things continue to improve.

All the best for your future success.....:)

Thank You Emmaline for the warm welcome and your sooo right we all eventually have to come off the 'diets' and that is where so many of us fail, so it is essential to master the healthy eating at the end of the day. This is acturally the best I have ever felt about the food we eat and nothing is syned, weighed or banned. thanks again x

Welcome AuntyPasty!
It sounds like you have good support in your family so I bet you'll do really well. I'm trying to eat exactly the way you are..except I can't live without my bread in the morning and of course, I HAVE to have a couple of glasses of vino at the weekend!. I reckon everything in moderation is a good thing though..it stops you going in to 'binge-mode'.
Sorry to hear about your illness and very glad to read that it's under control.
I look forward to reading all about your journey. Good luck!! :D

Back